586,065 active members*
4,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Softdog (USB Dongle) not working

So now that I finally have my laser up and running, now I'm having a problem with the softdog.

Everything had been working fine for the last 3 weeks then last night when I attempted to start Easycut 5.3, I received the error: "Plug in softdog and restart the software." I verified the softdog was still seated in one of the USB ports in the back of my laptop. I unplugged it then plugged it back in and tried Easycut again and received the same error message.

I had read that sometimes this happens and I might be fixed by reinstalling Easycut so I tried that and I still receive the same error.

Finally I tried installing the software and the dongle on another computer and once again I'm getting the "Plugin the softdog" error.

In each case I checked the Device Manger for the softdog and each time it installs as an "USB Input Device" under the category "Human Interface Device". I thought I read somewhere that the dongle installs a USB controller or something else but I cannot find that information now so I may be wrong.

My laptop is running Windows 7 but the other computer I tried it on has XP.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has my dongle gone bad already?

Thanks.

Lonnie

Make sure you have the right dongle!!

So I found out my problem was operator error. Specifically I got my dongles mixed up.

While working on a spare computer I unplugged the dongle for another cutter and got it mixed up with my laser dongle.

new system without software dongle

Hi,
    We have apply another new system for laser engraver,without dongle for software any more.this system is very fast in speed,stable and most former customers like it after test,it will be a big surprise to you.

Any friend have interest,please contact us,thank you.
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Laser Engraver - Engraving Laser Cutting Machine, Vinyl cutter, Cutting plotter by Redsail
    http://www.hflaser.com

Hi my dear friends,thanks for your attention and support, the new system must be work with the new motherboard,it can not work work with MPC6515 card.
    The new system(the control panel and motherboard) change with our M series machine.
    http://www.hflaser.com

"Some tech support! please...? anyone..? Help?" .. you might be asking this in a year or two.

I realize that the Leetro controllers (6515 and 6535) require the LaserCut software.. The nice thing is that you aren't restricted to one laser company for tech support and spare parts.

Ray Scott
    Owner / Engineer
    Rabbit Laser USA
    513-217-5707