586,106 active members*
2,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > A2100 - setting to enable manually scrolling to different line while running program

A2100 - setting to enable manually scrolling to different line while running program

I've ran an Arrow in the past that had this ability. Running a program, hit single block and you could then scroll to whatever line you'd like to and continue running the program from that point (with some caution of course.) Anyway, now I'm on another Arrow with A2100 and it wont let me do that so I figure there must be an option to enable this somewhere? Control software is a bit of an older version that previous machine but hopefully they did still have this option on older software versions.

Thanks!

The standard settings for these machines required the use of a colon ( on any line considered a "safe" starting point. If this is what you are referring to, it can be turned off on any version I remember looking at.

Although, if you are in a shop where other operators use the machine, you may want to consider whether this should be turned on. It may be convenient for you, but cause a less experienced operator to crash the machine. Especially if everyone else is used to it being set the way it has been for 10+ years.

If you decide you still want to change it, under System Configuration there is a button in the upper left corner (NC Programming, I think). Look under this and you should see a line for requiring a colon to start.

I've ran machines in the past that were able to do this as well. I'm quite sure its a purchased option. The machine I have now will not let me do this. If you find the answer can you post it here. I'm interested in this as well.

Yes the option is different that the one that maverick mentioned. I looked through the option list on my machine and didn't even see it as an available option to enable.