586,121 active members*
3,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

60W laser cutter, USA made, $4,000

Greetings,

I am looking for an American-made 60W laser cutter that falls in the $4,000 range, or slightly more.

I would mostly be cutting heavy woods 1/2" thick or less.

I've come across this one which is a good example of what I need, but would like to see other options: Category 1 Floyd 60W 20x12 Laser - Lasers - Products

What'cha guys think?

Thanks,
    C

I think you are in the price range of chinese made, sold in america, not made in america if that is really important to you.

Perhaps there are any reputable Chinese-built brands that have a warranty, customer service, etc.?

The one you were looking at comes from a good chinese company. If you want local support etc then I don't see why buying from them would be bad.

I don't think 60W is getting through 1/2" hardwood unless it's very slowly and takes multiple passes. If you do get through, the edge quality is going to be very questionable. To get through 1/2" hardwood in a reasonable amount of time, I think you're looking at 120-150W minimum. Also 12x20 is going to be very limiting if you're talking about doing a lot of cutting.

I think you'd be much happier with a CNC Router if your end goal is cutting 1/2" thick wood. You can build a 2'x3' machine for $2000-2500. Figure in software, dust collection, and bits and you're right around $4000.

G.WEIKELASER

Erad Dude

Yes, like jasonharris22 said,you should clear want a machine made in USAor just sell in USA,if around USD4000,should be China made laser machine ,and for 1/2'' hadr wood,60w can work, and for the 20*12' machine ,as our mode LG500

LG500(DESK) laser engraver
    This machine adopts imported linear guide and DSP system control software. The machine has stable performance and applicable for different industries. It is the ideal choice for non-metal processing industry.

Specification:
    Laser- type: Sealed CO2 laser tube
    Laser power: 60W
    Engraving area:500 x 300mm
    Whole machine size:1,300x 660 x 450mm
    Engraving speed:0 - 54,000mm/min
    Resetting position accuracy: ±0.05mm
    Working voltage : AC 110 - 220V±10%, 50 - 60Hz
    Gross power:<1,000W
    Operating temperature: 0 - 45℃
    Operating humidity: 5- 95%
    Minimum shaping character: English 1 x 1mm
    Graphic format supported:BMP,PLT, DST, DXF, and AI
    Driving system: stepper
    Cooling mode: water-cooling and protection system
    Auxiliary equipments:Exhaust-fans, air-exhaust pipe
    Controlling software : DSP control system
    Compatible software:CorelDraw AutoCAD Photoshop
    Net Weight:100kg

Applicable materials:
    wood, bamboo, jade, marble, organic glass, crystal, plastic, garments, paper, leather, rubber, ceramic, glass and other nonmetal materials.
    Applicable industries:
    advertisement, arts and crafts, leather, toys, garments, model , building upholster, computerized embroidery and clipping, packaging and paper industry.

We also have working videos on hard wood,if you need ,please feel free to contact me via [email protected],cause here we can't upload the videos.

Best Wishes
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]
    laser engraving machine?laser cutting machine?cutting plotter at G.WeiKe

Quote Originally Posted by Erad Dude View Post
    Greetings,

I am looking for an American-made 60W laser cutter that falls in the $4,000 range, or slightly more.

I would mostly be cutting heavy woods 1/2" thick or less.

I've come across this one which is a good example of what I need, but would like to see other options: Category 1 Floyd 60W 20x12 Laser - Lasers - Products

What'cha guys think?

Thanks,
    C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clip_image001.jpg  

gweike laser reply

Hi,
    Although many Americans are selling laser machine,but they are not made in America,but china indeed
    one important thing is you can get better support,like face to face trainning if you buy from US,of course,you have to pay for that also.maybe you prefer to pay their profit.
    if you have any question,you can write me email,as we are biggest laser machine manufacture in north of china

tina from G.weike laser
    Email: [email protected]

Many Chinese company also can produce high quality laser cutting machine.

[email protected]
    We offer best quality and wonderful service.
    welcome to Zhiya.

As already stated, I think you're dreaming to be cutting 1/2" hardwood with 60W. It might make it through, but it will be SLOW and UGLY and SMOKY. We run a machine with a Coherent 100W unit and the thickest we get a decent cut on is 3/8" or so. You can cut thicker but its slow going and you end up with a heavily tapered edge. Stick to 1/4" and the 60W will be fine.

Matt