Register for free
Login

Interesting problem/No speed or power change

New at the laser cutting game so bear with me

Laser cutter with the Leetro MPC 6535 motion card

Using either the Lasercut 5.3 or corel draw. When trying to
    engrave then cut, everything runs at the same power and speed
    (namely what is set on the the display)

So I am missing something, I have tried adjusting the settings before I upload it to memory on the card without any luck.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Are the different actions set to different layers my friend?

Say a cut layer of RED and an Engrave layer of BLUE

best wishes

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Are the different actions set to different layers my friend?

Say a cut layer of RED and an Engrave layer of BLUE

best wishes

Dave
    I believe I do have seperate layers , I will explain further here.

When I export it to the lasercut plug-in or Lasercut 5.3 itself I do get an engrave line (lets say blue ) and a cut line (let say red)
    with the various power/speed settings for each. Then I go to the manual side (after I have run simulation)
    and upload it to the machine (actually the button says download current) I am sure to make sure I delete all form the machine (blank file name on the LCD ) then I "download current" it does a bunch of calcs and the file name appears on the
    LCD on the machine itself.

Everything seems good at this point , However when I go to run it, regardless of power and speed set in the
    blue or red lines, It engraves/cuts at the speed and power as set on the machines LCD screen. Even if I am just cutting
    or just engraving, power and speed are ignored as set in Laser Cut.

I will try creating a second layer and trying it again. However since it does this with either a single engrave or cut layer this has me scratching my head.

In some place you have a switch Manual-Automat, this let you to choose laser Power and other things on software, in manual mode it work with settigs from display, in automatic with settings from software. Maybe this help. Or search your model on the Net for instructions, watch this series [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEzh1J_NTuI&feature=related"]JSM-3060N Laser Engraver Setup - YouTube[/ame] or this may help [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVRq5s8HO0&feature=related"]NewlyDraw1 Software Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Okay it is all figured out now,

basically you have to load the config file to the machine after you have made all of the adjustments in the machine settings. (in either lasercut 5.x or with the coreldraw plug in )

Some important things about those settings, A) always set your work table size 1mm smaller on both the X/Y Axis than your maximum size, this can help avoid a soft stop condition with the Leetro 6535/6515

Also if you are having issues with size of your work not translating correctly into the size your cuts, More than likely your stepper parameters are set wrong in the machine settings. I would try and cut a 1cm square and it would cut a 3cm one. reason being was that it was moving the steppers X3 for every mm . I simply pulled out a calculator and multiplied the original settings X/Y by 3 and input the new numbers. problem solved.