586,104 active members*
3,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > How Do I do this?

How Do I do this?

Hi,

I have MC V9 and need to machine this on a mill with a 4th axis rotary, have been doing the tutorials that I got with the software but can't seem to figure this one out. I have the 4&5 axis book which shows how to do a conical helix but I can't seem to get it to come out right. Would I be able to do this part the same way? I have tryed the multiaxis option in toolpath which I thought would see the model and machine it by picking the features that I wanted to machine. Is there anyone out there that can help me with this? I know that MC V9 is dated but it is what I have.

Sorry left the file out!

FEEDSCREW.zip

We used to do a lot of those types of parts with axis substitution.

I've got X6 so I can't see any of your toolpaths.
    Tim

Hi WallyL7,

Thanks for the reply! I deleted all the tool path because it never looked at all right. I really just wanted someone to give me some pointers on how to do it. I have never used MC before and will try to follow instructions as best I can just need help, want to get these done in a timely manner but seems to be a longer learning curve with MC than I expected. I have been used to CAM that is a little more GUI(icon) driven. Have tried this with FeatureCAM 2007 with no luck and was offered to do it with MC V9 which seems like it is fully capable just need instruction as I said above.

Here is what I have come up with so far, just can't seem to get the geometry right to just leave the rib in the model I posted earlier. Decided to go at it this way because I have not been able to get the solid to machine like I want, I am sure that is due to my lack of experience in MC. Am I going at this the right way?
    FEEDSCREW2.zip

I do not recall how it looks in 9, but I think you only need to select the root surfaces as the drive surfaces and select all others as check surfaces on your first model.

Hi txcncman,

I have tried this and it puts in some really goofy moves that jump up on top of the part and I can not get it to spiral with the feature like it does in the second file I posted. I am sure it is probably something that I am not setting right.