586,113 active members*
3,277 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ- Hub pieces

Need a quote for 2 prototype wheel hub pieces to be machined from 6061T6. Parts were created using solidworks, and can be emailed as IGES files. Only need one of each initially, for fit and stress testing. Possible small production runs in upcoming months. Email me at [email protected] with your interest, or leave post here, and I will send the files out to you (possibly in another format if you prefer). Please be patient, I have never had any of my designs quoted, and am not that familiar with IGES format....just a dumb applied physics person, not an engineer ....hopefully all goes off with out a hitch.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Nick

...........almost forgot, not too familiar with tolerances that you would need, but for initial quote if you could use what you feel would be appropriate that would be great.

............also, rough dimensions: one piece has 1.5" depth and approx. 12" dia.
    other piece has 1.5" depth and approx. 8.5" dia

Thanks for posting the rough sizes - that will save you (and us) some time.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

E-Mail sent.
    L.S. Tool & Precision Inc.
    Taking machining to the
    next level, combining creativity, ingenuity and the technology of CAD/CAM & CNC Machining
    “When ingenuity makes all the difference”
    http://hometown.aol.com/lstool1/myhomepage/business.html

problem

seem to be having a problem here, I guess some people are saying that the file formats will not work, or have been converted incorrectly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Export in DXF this is usually a simpler more universal format.
    Go to.... File / Export / DXF, select the geometry to export, confirm, give the file a name saving it in a location you can find (Desktop). try this. send the attachment to [email protected]
    Taking machining to the
    next level, combining creativity, ingenuity and the technology of CAD/CAM & CNC Machining

When you get your files fixed send them to [email protected] with any details needed.
    My website is wwww.hobbymachine.net

Any new news on your files or how about a printed faxable drawing, is this job still active?
    Taking machining to the

I would be interested in taking a look at this job when you get some prints drawn up. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Mike Stephens

Did you get your file problem fixed? I would be happy to look at the an iges,step or acis file. DXF is not a good format for solids as it loses much detail. STEP is probably the best if you can export in that format and IGES should work as well.

Thank You
    Tim Jones
    [email protected]
    www.indtools.net

pinkerton,
    Send to me in native solidworks format, i have worked on wheel hubs in past. I should say that ideally hubs should be made from round bar or forging, not plate. But 12" diamater bar is a bit more pricey than plate.
    Not sure if posting allows you to view my e-mail...so send to [email protected]

We would like the opportunity to quote this job if still availible.

Northern Machining Inc.
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    Chad

I sent you an email also. I agree with tjones - STEP is more accurate with solid model files.

Thanks
    Scott

Nick,

A while since your original posting, but if still active send files to [email protected]
    I will see that they get pushed thru for you.

I work for a Top Notch prototype company. We deal with big and small companies
    (and individual inventors) to build prototype parts. I deal with the machined parts and tooling. I can translate many different file formats, so depending on where you are at with this send a couple different files and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks
    Ben

Hello,
    Would love to take a shot at your parts if still active. Send solidworks files to [email protected].

Thanks