586,094 active members*
3,951 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Misumi Site Extrusion Prices

Hi All,

I'm confused....how do you get a price on this site?

Do you have to request a quote?

newpatch

dunno about Misumi, but i've just placed an order from Automation4Less.com this morning and to my surprise, they are shipping today...
    they carry T-Slots brand... and with smooth face.

prices seem somewhat on par or lower than 80/20inc.

from the looks of their web, you need to send them a request for quote...

Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    dunno about Misumi, but i've just placed an order from Automation4Less.com this morning and to my surprise, they are shipping today...
    they carry T-Slots brand... and with smooth face.

prices seem somewhat on par or lower than 80/20inc.

from the looks of their web, you need to send them a request for quote...
    You don't need a RFQ for pricing from Misumi, you just need to register on their site, then all the pricing appears.

Having handled 80/20, Bosch, and Misumi extrusions, I have to say I'm most impressed with Misumi. I feel a lot more heavy duty for the money.

I would however, send an RFQ, and check it, before commiting to pay just to be sure!

If you wanted to just order, you could enter the sizes and quantities you need for each item, then they'll send you an invoice.

i was wondering why a guy from Yonkers is building with extrusions in mm...

wish i had known of mitsumi... but still, i saved a bit from going with t-slots instead of 8020

i was wondering why a guy from Yonkers is building with extrusions in mm...

wish i had known of mitsumi... but still, i saved a bit from going with t-slots instead of 8020
    LOL I wonder myself, as I have a hatred of the metric system!

But really, if you did a side-by-side comparison you'd see where the cost goes. There's simply more metal in Misumi extrusions, even more than Bosch, at a price equivalent or a little cheaper tham Bosch.

Quote Originally Posted by newpatch View Post
    Hi All,

I'm confused....how do you get a price on this site?

Do you have to request a quote?

newpatch
    You basically add things to your cart. Then you submit the RFQ to get pricing. If you like what's on the RFQ, you then can place an order.

I ordered for the first time from Misumi and almost had a terrible experience. I was charged $170 freight for $40 worth of aluminum extrusions! 2 errors on the website. First was showing the 20mm x 20mm only available in 4000mm length (13 foot). I thought that was the only available length so I checked the shipping which came out to $8 UPS according to the site (which was wrong and the 2nd error). You can imagine my surprise when I got hit with a $170 freight charge and told that the item was non returnable. Very pissed I spoke with Engineering who confirmed that the site should not have shown me only the 4000mm length. I then asked for someone who could fix the situation and was connected to a customer service manager. The key is to talk to a manager who can make things happen. I explained my side and the kind lady from Misumi spoke to another manager and they agreed to cover my freight charge because it was a Misumi website mistake. So overall, what could have been a very bad experience turned out ok thanks to Misumi rectifying the situation. I just got my extrusions today and 13 foot is loooong! Looks like some good quality stuff too.

louie,

when you get a chance, and if you happen to have it available, can you do a side by side pic?

too late for me now... my shipment is on it's way... but just curious.

it does seem they have more profile offering too.

louie,

when you get a chance, and if you happen to have it available, can you do a side by side pic?

too late for me now... my shipment is on it's way... but just curious.

it does seem they have more profile offering too.
    I ended up selling the 80/20 and Bosch stuff I had but here's a thread with some comparison pics:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/t-slot..._misumi-5.html

jeesh, thems some thick walls!

I bought my extrusions from automation4less. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Misumi Extrusions

Newpatch,

I am with Misumi (disclaimer there), and I think that you all have hit the nail on the head here. Our extrusions are hefty and priced low. Thanks for noticing!

Misumi does "configurable" components, so you can configure dimensions in small increments, like 0.01mm, to the sizes you need, download the CAD, and with no minimum order, get just 1 custom (or "configured") part sent to you. It's ideal for DIY's out there.

Enough of that shameless promotion, but you can get them cut to length AND machined ready to assemble.

There is no need to buy a long stick and cut it yourself, the cutting is included in the price so take advantage of that!

Example: HFS5-2020-853.5

This is 20x20mm profile that is cut to 853.5mm in length.

You can configure all this online at MISUMI USA, Inc. with all our 200+ profiles.

If you have any questions, email [email protected] or call us! Main number is: 800-681-7402 and select the engineering department in the phone tree. #3 for those that want to jump ahead.

As a note, although we are a Japanese company, these are extruded and machined in the USA.

Thanks,

David

David, would love if Misumi offered similar service to Australia. Unfortunately the Singapore branch is not friendly to consumers at all. Requires business registration and only does freight to boat (can't remember the exact term). Great products but no way for me to buy them. (Unless i registered a business specifically and spent weeks organising).

MISUMI Singapore

Pippin88,

I will definately pass this on to Singapore. It is my understanding that the terms and conditions are the same worldwide. Therefore, you should be able to register. I know in the US, we openly allow even residential addresses and personal use accounts.

I checked their website, and if you register online it may be less involved sinde it merely requires a credit card.

As for the ship to boat reference, I am not sure aht that means either.

Where are you located? In Singapore?

Thanks,

David

David,

I'm located in Australia.
    It seemed to be that I couldn't purchase as an individual. I was able to register a web account but am not allowed to request a quote or purchase. (shows as 'not available'). I was emailed some rather detailed forms that wanted things such as my 'paid up capital' and 'major customers'.
    Shipping offered seemed to be FCA only. That is Misumi would delivery it to the port in Singapore and I would have to arrange for another company to do the shipping. Obviously this is rather daunting and hard to get done for someone who does not deal with this area. The time required from what I could see would negate the benefits of purchasing from Misumi despite the great products I'd like to have.
    This sounds quite different from the service provided in the US which I would love to take advantage of. I didn't seem to be able register for the US site due to my location.

EDIT: A quick google finds I'm not alone. http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=598

Misumi is the same in India. I contacted them and they said that they will only provide me with quotes or sell stuf to me if I am registered as a company and provide sales tax number etc. So even though they do not have a minimum order quantity, as a Hobbiest it is of no use, since I cannot order stuff from them.

There's got to be a way you guys can network with someone who is incorporated, and order it through them. Here in the US it's different and I have no problems placing orders, but realize too they have an office and warehouse here, and actually produce their rxtrusions here in the US.