586,102 active members*
2,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Moving on

Moving on

I haven't been on the forums for a while. Figured I would at least leave a message for some of those I have communicated with. I have been off work for a bit due to a second neck surgery. It's clear that I won't be able to do much heavy lifting form now on and that pretty much has shut my plans for doing CNC/Rapid-prototyping in retirement. Will go back to Plan B which is to stay in programming and Game Design.

However, looks as though someone in is the process of purchasing all of my equipment so everything is already sold.

Thanks for the help on questions this forum has given me over the past few years.

Randy

Randy, I'm sorry to hear about your situation and wish you success in Plan B.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr9900 View Post

Randy
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr9900 View Post

Randy
    Double ditto.

Don

Randy, best of luck to you man ! Hope plan b works out great for you. David

Best of luck to you. Plan B may not be as much fun, but looks like a solid plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrija View Post
    Best of luck to you. Plan B may not be as much fun, but looks like a solid plan B.
    Thanks to all....

Plan B is actually good. I was moving into CNC to get more away from the computer. This second surgery found the first surgery (12 years ago) still was pinching a nerve. So the pain is gone, I can program but due to nerve damage and my size I can't lift much over 10lbs now and probably limited to a max of 20-30 only occasionally from now on (without medicinal help later).

But anyway, I know someone who wrote a game program and he spent two weeks on developing it. It now grosses $4200 a month for him....

Now if I can duplicate that 3-4 times, I would be happy

But you are right. That has always been my hobby and being in mechanical design for almost 30 years.... I will miss making the parts.

Take care.

Well, seeing as the Cat it out of the bag... I'm the new (or soon to be) owner of Randy's setup...

It's very exciting, I've got a truck full of the small parts and will go back and get the big parts later.

Randy, thanks so much, sorry you are getting out... I sure hope you don't mind some brain picking once in a while ...

Talk with you soon... And for the rest of you, be ready, I'll have a million questions!!!

Alan

Randy,

That's too bad. I know it must be pretty unpleasant to have to give up something you enjoy because of a physical limitation. I wish you all the best with the game design, and I hope that your health improves soon.

Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by TXFred View Post
    Randy,

That's too bad. I know it must be pretty unpleasant to have to give up something you enjoy because of a physical limitation. I wish you all the best with the game design, and I hope that your health improves soon.

Frederic
    Thanks Fred... Already recovering just have lost a lot of strength and a long time to go. I had made the decision to sell my equipment and dreaded selling everything individually. I sent a note to Alan and he is buying everything, so I hope it works all the way around..

He is a very nice guy and has done a lot of the heavy lifting for me so I don't have to worry about much. He has enough stuff though it may take him 3-4 months to figure out what all he has

Randy,

Best of luck to you with the new adventure..... Sounds like your toys have a good place to call home.

Robert