586,060 active members*
4,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle alarm AL-11

Hey guys,

Our Mori ZL15SM w / Fanuc 0TTB came up with "AL11" on the main spindle amp today. The alarm comes up as soon as the control is powered on.

The Fanuc manual says only that it is "OVERVOLTAGE OF THE DC LINK" with very little diagnostics.

I pulled the amp and checked all 4 transistor modules in the base. (They're okay.)

Is replacement of the pcb the next indicated repair?

Please advise. (Al the Man? Underthetire? You guys know anything about this alarm? I've seen plenty of AL-12's, but never AL-11.)

Please advise.

emexcee380

usually indicates the 300VDC bus inside has gone bad. Truthfully, when I used to run in to those problems on those drives i did one of two things.
    Gave the customer the option of getting an exchange drive, or have the local Fanuc office come in. Not that i couldn't fix drives, but I didn't want to have to warranty something like that.

My guess is if the transistors are good, you have a failed CAP in the DC link.

Please check the Transistor Module, Filter Capacitor and Fusuable and Discharge resistance. also check the Fan of the Drive.

AL-11

Thanks for the response.

After testing all four transistor modules (they all tested good), I was able to swap top printed circuit boards (pcb) with another machine with the same spindle amplifier. The cooling fan was working normally. I know this is a common cause of transistor module failure since there is no alarm if the fan fails and the TM's overheat.

The faulty spindle amp came up with no alarms. So, after swapping the two ROM chips and the NVRAM chip (where the spindle parameters are stored) the machine is back online.

I'll have the faulty pcb repaired.

Thanks again,

emexcee380

Smile spindle pcb repaired

Got my spindle pcb back from local repair. My guy just replaced all the capacitors on the pcb and it's back in the machine running.

emexcee380

Angry Need help - ZL15SM

Hi,
    Knowing you have ZL15SM - Fanuc OT system. I have one and suddenly lost all parameters (when I change the battery, I dose not keep power on). Can you please give me your parameter of this machine.
    Many thanks if you can help.
    My email: [email protected]
    Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by emexcee380 View Post
    Hey guys,

Our Mori ZL15SM w / Fanuc 0TTB came up with "AL11" on the main spindle amp today. The alarm comes up as soon as the control is powered on.

The Fanuc manual says only that it is "OVERVOLTAGE OF THE DC LINK" with very little diagnostics.

I pulled the amp and checked all 4 transistor modules in the base. (They're okay.)

Is replacement of the pcb the next indicated repair?

Please advise. (Al the Man? Underthetire? You guys know anything about this alarm? I've seen plenty of AL-12's, but never AL-11.)

Please advise.

emexcee380

Re: Spindle alarm AL-11

Quote Originally Posted by yours_prabhat View Post
    Please check the Transistor Module, Filter Capacitor and Fusuable and Discharge resistance. also check the Fan of the Drive.
    Hello, sorry to disturb you. I have the AL 11 error on my fanuc spindle drive.
    On the screen it says AL 08 spindle servo alarm.
    My machine stopped while travelling on X .
    I am new at this .what do you suggest?