586,096 active members*
3,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > DynaTorch > Question about dxf to g-code conversion

Question about dxf to g-code conversion

I used to run one of these on a 4x8 table at a previous job, where i am now we have Mitsubishi lasers that are a lot nicer, but are really just production machines. I don't have access to any of the conversion software for personal use.

My question is if anyone knows, or could find out if the potion of the dynatorch program that allows you to import a dxf file and convert to g-code worth without the dongle inserted. I remember if i started the program without the dongle in it would load into "demo mode" with no outputs to the machine to do any real work, but never tested the code conversion tools to see if that part worked.

If it does, would anyone be willing to upload a copy of the install cd for me to use, it would be a great help for some of my side projects to keep my busy at work when production slows or i have long run cycles.

The DynaTorch software does not use a dongle, it uses a custom algorithm to tie to a specific computer. As a matter of fact, you cannot even give it away. If you sell a machine, the new owner must purchase the software again, yours becomes useless. Not sure what they do if a computer crashes.

So even if someone was willing to "share" their high dollar software with you, you would not be able to utilize it.

SheetCam is cheap and may have a post for your laser or something that might work.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com