586,104 active members*
3,226 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Opinions- How much do you think is a good price?

Opinions- How much do you think is a good price?

So yeah, I like never use my mill or lathe, converting them was fun but after that they saw pretty much no use lol. I will be moving in like 4-5 months and will be going to do Navy recruiting(blah) that will not leave me with much free time as it is to do anything. Plus I am trying to buy my wife a rather expensive vehicle. Thinking of selling both of them and was just curious as to how much you think would be a good price for each or what you think you would sell them for. I will try to tell you what I have with them and would include. FYI- both machines have less than a few hours of overall use on them.

G0602 Lathe-
    - Converted to CNC using parts made by a guy I met through youtube that converted his
    - Keling motors and power supply.
    - Gecko G540
    - Thompson ballscrews and nuts
    - Leeson 3ph D80 motor and Teco VFD
    - C3 Index Pulse Board for speed input to Mach3
    - AXA toolpost with like 10 toolholders-set of HSS tools and like 8 diff carbide bit holders
    - 2 5/8" drill chucks on MT3 arbors
    - Live center and a couple dead centers
    - Still have stock motor and many of the stock parts that came off
    - would even include a decent amount of aluminum, stainless, acetal and drill rod stock i have-$200+ worth

G0704
    - converted to cnc using billys mounts he sells on ebay.
    - linearmotionbearings screws
    - elik(sp?) nut mounts
    - keling motors, power supply, nondigital drivers, C35 BOB
    - mcmaster oldham couplers
    - set of like 7 R8 collets
    - shars 5" vice
    - 52 piece or however many it is clamp kit
    - 2 drill chucks
    - MT3 to R8 adapters(got this incase i wanted to use the drill chucks from the lathe)
    - lots and lots of endmill especially smaller ones, name brand as well, multiple hundreds of dollars worth.
    - 234 blocks
    - set of parallels
    - a few different style edge and center finders
    - large set of gage blocks
    - few dial indicators and dial test indicators
    - edge technology pro tram
    - extra set of G0704 electronics and 2 brand new spare stock motors all purchased from grizzly
    - decent amount of aluminum stock- have two large pieces of aluminum as well that i started working on for head and y spacer.
    - i am sure there is more but cant think of it

also have a full letter/number/fraction set of drill bits, metric set...both hardly used. also have an older dell desktop with 17" flatscreen monitor with mach3 installed id sell to one of the purchasers.

ive got some numbers in my head but would just like to hear your guys opinions.

I'm interested in the lathe. I was just looking at one of these with an eye towards converting it. I'd love to buy a finished conversion, and yours sounds pretty good.

Where are you located? I'm in Austin, TX.

Frederic

Virginia

That's a little far for me. I'll be coming through Charlottesville in August. If you haven't sold it by then, I'll take it off your hands.

Frederic

Wont be living in va come that time sorry

I am interested in the lathe also, I would be willing to drive to pick it up.

Toss me a number either here or in a PM and we will see if we can work something out.

I'm possibly interested as well, let me know when you finally decide on a price. Where in VA out of curiosity? I'm in Maryland, just over the wilson bridge, just curious if you're really close.