586,075 active members*
4,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 88 78910111959
    Joe I like the kit, i'm sure you are going to get a bunch of guys looking one. Could you name all the parts in it? I couldn't figure them all out... Thanks _Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfspaw
    Nice work Joe. I think your kit is really going to be great.

Wolfspaw
    Thanks, I am hoping to provide a good machine for people that do not have the means to make the parts for a CNC Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jmytyk
    Joe I like the kit, i'm sure you are going to get a bunch of guys looking one. Could you name all the parts in it? I couldn't figure them all out... Thanks _Jon
    After i finish putting it together and test I will provide a pictures which will be in a kit and also provide a list of other parts (hardware) that is needed. The machine really performs well, as you can see from parts cut from it

Joe

Very nice Joe, have you put a price on the kit yet?
    Wally

Quote Originally Posted by wallyh
    Very nice Joe, have you put a price on the kit yet?
    Wally
    I'm still trying to figure that out finally. what do you guys think? any suggestions on price? It is alot of cutting involved also but worth it in the end.

Here are the parts involved and I can make the Skate bearing slides also.

Thanks, Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good job Joe.
    And thanks so much for sharing what can be done on your first machine. The second (one your building now) will be even better.

Hager

I downloaded your latest PDF.
    You really are a doer Joe. Good effort.
    Nice workmanship.

Joe, as far as price is concerned, I'm not sure I could make a fair estimate. I don't know what the material cost nor what your time is worth to cut the parts out. I guess the weight would have to be factored in for shipping estimates too.
    The kit sure looks good though.
    Wally

I bet the shipping to down under would be a killer.......

doh!

Quote Originally Posted by dgeugene
    Bonjour de France,
    Très beau travail, vous avez les plans de votre machine ?
    Je suis intéressé pour m'en servir de base pour les convertir en système métrique pour en construire une à titre personnel.
    Excusez moi j'arrive à lire l'américain mais je l'écris très mal...

Merci et à bientôt
    I can send out the e-drawings soon, I just want to finish assembly, I think you can change the settings in solidworks to metric most programs will..

joe

Pour joe2000che

Merci pour la réponse, si les plans sont provisoires actuellement ce n'est pas genant. Il me faut adapter les dimensions mais aussi les matériaux disponibles en France et le logiciel ne pourra rien pour moi !
    En voyant les images de la machine je pense que tout va bien fonctionner.
    A vous de voir si les documents actuels sont suffisant pour commencer une construction "européenne".

Merci et à bientôt

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by dgeugene
    Pour joe2000che

Merci pour la réponse, si les plans sont provisoires actuellement ce n'est pas genant. Il me faut adapter les dimensions mais aussi les matériaux disponibles en France et le logiciel ne pourra rien pour moi !
    En voyant les images de la machine je pense que tout va bien fonctionner.
    A vous de voir si les documents actuels sont suffisant pour commencer une construction "européenne".

Merci et à bientôt

Gérard
    send me a pm with your email and i sent to you as soon as i finish updating the drawings.

Thanks, Joe

Joe that set of parts just looks awsome...

Garry

no pricing suggestions??

Well obviously start with your material costs. How many full sheets of MDF at what thicknesses are used?
    Then, figure out how long it takes you, from pulling the mdf off your truck, cutting it up on the tablesaw, to running it through the cnc. Don't forget time to pack and ship. Then decide what that time is worth to you, which you are obviously the best person to answer.

If it were me, I'd do it cheap until it started seeming like a chore, then I'd charge realistic labor. Or you could build it cheap if the person agrees to cut one for someone else, that way it keeps the hobby strong, and brings lots more into the fold. Think how many Joe Model 2006 CNC's could be around if everyone who built one, also cut the pieces so another person could build one! (group) Considering the fact that you will have all the modeling and gcode ready to go, doesn't seem too far fetched.

Just look at how many people at Lumenlab want your new model, myself included. Many of us don't have the tools necessary to build a decent sized unit with any accuracy. I think most of us would be willing to cut the parts for someone once ours is done. I certainly would cut as many as needed, just for the sake of using the cnc.

Whatever you decide, I can't wait for you to finish! Your machine really is at the top of the budget heap. Without going to all metal construction, THK or similar rails, servo motors, etc, your machine really rocks! I might eventually be able to afford all that for a CNC, but for now your machine looks like the cat's meow that won't assassinate my checking account, and a great place to start with confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che
    I can send out the e-drawings soon, I just want to finish assembly, I think you can change the settings in solidworks to metric most programs will..

joe
    When do you think the eDrawings will be ready? Will the file be uploaded to the CNCzone's download section? I am looking forward to it. :cheers:

Thanks.

Talking

Can't wait to see these new plans. Looks like my next project, maybe the first thing my bodged together cnc will cut. Thanks Joe for all the hardwork, and a great design! Would even pay for the plans if that helps......

Ok, I got the E-Drawings done and uploaded to the plans section, here is the link, let me know what you think...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...810#post134810

Thanks, Joe

Joe...you speak French? Or did you use a Babelfish? Its kind of funny, I took French in high school, and then forgot most of it, but if I read it like I do English, without actually trying to read all of the words, I can basically understand it! Anyway, awsome build, and very kind of you to share your progress and learning over the years.
    Stop talking about it and do it already!!!!!

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Joe:
    I down loaded the files. Thank You. I was unable to open the files. What program did you use to write the files? What program would you suggest to open and read the files?

Thank You for the wonderful build so far and all the useful instruction it is Very Much Appreciated.

BTW: I can open DXF files if you have your drawings available in that format.

Bob

The files are made for a free viewer program. Called Edrawing.

Link:http://www.solidworks.com/pages/prog...TOKEN=90318329

Page 9 of 88 78910111959