586,973 active members*
2,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

The length of cable is 10'

Joe do you have the dust collector in a cad file, I need to make one i got dust everywhere. hahah

Quote Originally Posted by silver4dracs View Post
    The length of cable is 10'

Joe do you have the dust collector in a cad file, I need to make one i got dust everywhere. hahah
    Lorenzo you going to post a log? like to see some pictures, how does it run now?

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che View Post
    Lorenzo you going to post a log? like to see some pictures, how does it run now?

Joe I am unable to cure that skipping step problem. I have had to slow the machine to 40ipm and it is fairly reliable at this speed. Any other ideas? I have pulled the y lead screw off of the bearing block on one end and it does not center in the hole. I am trying to resolve this as this is probably one of several problems with my machine.

I will post some vids and pictures once I get it running well, its kinda embarrasing to have a machine that is not functioning right.

Joe I am unable to cure that skipping step problem. I have had to slow the machine to 40ipm and it is fairly reliable at this speed. Any other ideas? I have pulled the y lead screw off of the bearing block on one end and it does not center in the hole. I am trying to resolve this as this is probably one of several problems with my machine.

I will post some vids and pictures once I get it running well, its kinda embarrasing to have a machine that is not functioning right.
    if the machine is loosing steps, its either the alignment or the power input feeding the motors, you did set the board vref's correct? (the power supply is the 24v 10amp providing 33vdc +/- end result?).

on the y axis leadscrew the carriage hole and gantry sides should line up perfectly, and this will have the leadscrew centered. the carraiage can how ever be slightly higher or lower if the top 4 5/16" bolts are not adjusted properly, by loosening or tighting the screws in pairs, front two or rear two.

with the power supply even if you are loosing steps on the z-axis then there has to be electonic problem.

Are you able to turn eaisaly by hand or using a variable speed drill to spin the leadscrews?

I would like to see pictures, from angles, and also it moving?

joe

I have downloaded your Solidworks drawings but cannot measure the parts. I can measure the .easm files but not the .sldprt ones. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by kosymailman View Post
    I have downloaded your Solidworks drawings but cannot measure the parts. I can measure the .easm files but not the .sldprt ones. Am I doing something wrong?
    I hade the sam problems, I was using "eDrawings 2007"
    after I put in the frree registration code under Help->Registration it was working ok...

ok, so yesterday I took the entire machine apart and basically reinstalled the gantry, the bearing blocks and the lead screws. I finally have the machine working properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it appears that there was a small misalignment in the gantry. Once i reinstalled the parts I was able to get the lead screws to align properly with no binding. I have the machine runing smoothly at 90ipm. I will post a video shortly.

I have triple checked the Vref and it is set at 2.5amps for the keiling motors on the X and Y axis. The Z axis is set for 3 amps. Everything appears to be runing normally now. I will post a video later today.

Lorenzo

Joe I am unable to cure that skipping step problem. I have had to slow the machine to 40ipm and it is fairly reliable at this speed.
    I may have miss it but What is the TPI of you leadscrew ??? if you have around 20 TPI ,at 40 ipm it's about the max RPM you'll get from step motor without loosing step !!!