586,598 active members*
3,577 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 18 of 88 816171819202868
    Joe,

I am aware that you have heard this before, would you mind emailing me the updated drawings of your machine? I have the original drawings you sent me awhile back and I was just about to cut the MDF.

Email address is: [email protected]

Thank you in advance.

Joe , Can i get them too ????(drawing)

Thanks

Bruno

Here is the cover page of the assembly manual and hardware listing I'm making right now, Hopefully i will be finished with it tommarrow for people who are building this machine.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PAGE 1.jpg  

Hi Joe,
    I've been on the road for a month and have not been able to keep up with your progress. It appears that you have a kit available now? Please send me the price list or quote for the kit. I would appreciate the updated dwg files ,too. I found some 1" dia. 1/4" wall, steel pipe at a local fabtication shop for cheap. I got the pipe cleaned up and it looks just as good as the drill rod that I got from Enco. The nice part is it comes in lengths longer than 36" and is lighter. I am wondering if the rigidity will be comperable? It is much stiffer than 1" galvanized gas pipe.
    Theres no place like home!
    Thanks,
    BR (cornfed)

Hey Joe,

Could I get a copy of the files? Also you want me to host them for you? so you can just post a link instead?

shay (at) arnettmultimedia.com

Thanks!!

I finished the Parts List and Simple Assembly manual for the machine, I have sent it out to a few people building the machine now.

Joe

Could I get a copy of the Parts List and Simply Assembly manual for the machine too. Please!
    Scott

Joe, I've really enjoyed watching your project(s). I've reached the pocket lint stage of mine, have started building and use this thread as a very valuable reference.

Question, Joe, All... Is there a particular reason for not treating the bearing setup on the X as you have for the Y.

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisU
    Joe, I've really enjoyed watching your project(s). I've reached the pocket lint stage of mine, have started building and use this thread as a very valuable reference.

Question, Joe, All... Is there a particular reason for not treating the bearing setup on the X as you have for the Y.

Curtis
    Can you be a little more specific? not sure what you mean by treating the same.

Joe

Yes, The bearings on your Y axis are opposite eachother, in effect squeezing the rails toward eachother into the box. Actually so does your X axis for that matter.

My plan is to use two 1" pipes on each side as yourself, but orienting the bearings so one is above the top pipe, one below the bottom pipe, the "squeeze" being from one pipe toward the other. I realize I would need some type of spreader arrangement. Picture a setup similar to your Y on each side of my table for my X. Make sense?

Joe,
    I have read and re-read this thread with great interest. I would love to have the latest version of your dwg files.
    Please send me a quote for your kit: (dvrieman(at)cfl.rr.com). Are you making individual parts available, or just complete kits?
    Thank you, Dana

Yes, The bearings on your Y axis are opposite eachother, in effect squeezing the rails toward eachother into the box. Actually so does your X axis for that matter.

My plan is to use two 1" pipes on each side as yourself, but orienting the bearings so one is above the top pipe, one below the bottom pipe, the "squeeze" being from one pipe toward the other. I realize I would need some type of spreader arrangement. Picture a setup similar to your Y on each side of my table for my X. Make sense?
    Ok maybe its a monday or something but i can not really picture it, can you do a sketch?

Joe

Thanks for the files.

This design is sooooo awesome!!!! I can't wait to get my machine done to start foolin around with this design.

Got a little carried away while seeing which programs I had that could open your stuff, so I ended up with a 3d render of your machine. I didn't get all of the textures right (plastic stuff) but who knows maybe you can use it on something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails joe2006.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ShayArnett
    Thanks for the files.

This design is sooooo awesome!!!! I can't wait to get my machine done to start foolin around with this design.

Got a little carried away while seeing which programs I had that could open your stuff, so I ended up with a 3d render of your machine. I didn't get all of the textures right (plastic stuff) but who knows maybe you can use it on something.
    Nice looking rendering.

Ok after getting home tonight, i realise what you are saying. Making an x-axis by simply having two similar to the y-axis one on each side. this is ok, but you would start to get more of a flex i would think, making it a longer spand. and you would still need to have a cutting bed, Also it might allow it to twist similar to the original single pipe designs, (which is why i designed a dual rail system) But it is good thinking and just might work.

Joe

Joe,

I have recently purchased a router capable of machining 8Ft x 4Ft, being "down Under" (here is Asutralia) I would be willing to machine parts for people here if you would like - you set the terms and playing field, that you think are fair. and I will do the best I can to return some good will to this folder, as I have learnt so much here

salty :cheers:

Joe

Thank you for the awsome manual. I appreciate the great effort you have gone to. Hope to be able to start on my build soon. I will let you know how it goes.
    Herman
    Disclaimer: Not affiliated with any company or business. Happily Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che
    Ok after getting home tonight, i realise what you are saying. Making an x-axis by simply having two similar to the y-axis one on each side. this is ok, but you would start to get more of a flex i would think, making it a longer spand. and you would still need to have a cutting bed, Also it might allow it to twist similar to the original single pipe designs, (which is why i designed a dual rail system) But it is good thinking and just might work.

Joe

Actually, The more I think about it the less I like my approach, your use of the table/box for support and alignment of those rails is much simpler. I think I was trying to get away from any possible "bow" of the gantry sides over time.

May I have a copy of the Simple Assembly Manual and Parts List too? I am planning to build the machine soon.

wally

Ok, i have been bombarded with requests, so here are the files, dwg's, e-drawings, part list and assembly manual, I will have them Up for one week so if you like to have them here is your chance.

http://www.lumenlab.com/~joe2000chev...odel_2006_R-1/

Let me know what ya'll think so far.

Joe

Page 18 of 88 816171819202868