586,075 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Grounding for DC-KIII?

Hi all,

I've just ordered a DC-KIII off of eBay. I'm very excited for making my first cuts.

There's something in the instructions (located here: http://www.jinlantrade.com/Stock%20files/K40Manual.pdf ) that doesn't make sense to me. On the first page, at a seemingly random location, it warns "The switch must connect to secure ground wire!"

Does anyone know what this is about?

Thanks,

Ben

The terseness of the sentence and lack of reference makes it virtually useless?
    I see they are a just a general Chinese trading Co with offices in NY, there does not appear to be a link to ask for support?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I think that website might belong to the manufacturer, though I'm not sure. It seems like a lot of the sellers of this particular laser link to that instruction manual.

This is the laser I bought in particular: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180827790568?...t_14327wt_1141

Quote Originally Posted by B3nzilla View Post
    I think that website might belong to the manufacturer, though I'm not sure. It seems like a lot of the sellers of this particular laser link to that instruction manual.

This is the laser I bought in particular: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180827790568?...t_14327wt_1141
    Try the ebay seller?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Jaha! Just got my laser today!

I think that instruction might be obsolete.

There is a terminal post at the back that says "Ground wire joint", but on the inside of the machine, it appears to be connected to the ground of the (north American) plug.

It all makes sense now. They provide a standard power cord with the machine with a Chinese plug and they also ship a Chinese to North American adaptor. The adaptor's ground plug is not connected.

If using their adaptor, one definitely needs to ground the machine separately. The alternative is to just use a standard North American power plug. Like the one's that go into the backs of monitors and laptop power bricks.

Hi All,
    I'm new to laser cutting, and looking to cut ~50 um plastic sheets. I need to cut holes that are 170 um in diameter. I just found the DC-KIII on e-bay and I'm wondering if you think it would work. How do you like yours?

Thanks.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is 50um or 170um as far as size goes. I have this laser and i routinely cut 3mm material and on sometimes 6mm. Mostly acrylic or wood.

Milt