586,094 active members*
3,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > tree 2-uvr and kwik switch 200 series

tree 2-uvr and kwik switch 200 series

hey everyone, I have a tree 2-uvr manual mill, i bought it with the universal kwik switch 200 series already installed. I am trying to find a kwik switch 200 1 1/4" shell mill arbor to work with this ingersoll 4" face mill. I cant seem to find it, apparently the standard goes up to 1", but the manufacturer stated they made them before.

Anyone know another way to get this to work? Possibly a kwik switch adapter from the 200 series to 300 series? because the 300 series seems to make a few of them.

Sorry for dredging up an old post! Hopefully you've got the problem solved by now.

Nice to hear that someone else has a 2UVR with a Kwik Switch spindle. I haven't seen one other than mine. Do you know the history of your mill?

The largest shell mill adapter that I've seen in 200 is 1". I haven't seen a 300 master with a 200 shank - I'm guessing it doesn't exist. There are some adapters that go from a larger shank down to a smaller master (as in mounting a 100 tool in a 300 master).

Tools-N-Gizmos has used and some new old stock Kwik 200 stuff. Also, the RS200 taper sold by Travers is supposed to be a direct drop in on Kwik 200 spindles.

Largest I have seen is 1" for Kwik or RS, but a work around is to rigidly mount a boring bar vertically to your table. A screwless vise with a vertical slot should be adequate. Remove the set screw from a 1" solid end mill holder, and then remove a little at a time by passing it up and down over the boring bar until you have an exact fit for a 1.25". Reinsert the set screw, and then install your 1.25" shaft tool. I'ld only do that if you feel you have enough meat for it though. Then stand on the other side of the shop behind your truck when you fire it up and run it. LOL.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

I also have a 2 uvr with kwik switch. I need to fix the delta 10 control. Thinking of retrofit.