586,094 active members*
3,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > 021 start radius end radius error
Page 1 of 3 123

Hybrid View

021 start radius end radius error

hello,
    Can anyone give me some info on this error? the machine is a j325 with a delta 10 on it (it was suppose to have a 20 is what I was told when I bought it) now I cannot run anything because of this error any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Richard

Cutting an arc?

Remember on dynapath I,j,k are absolute unless you specify with a backslash. Ixxx/, jxxx/ etc.
    Also improper tool radius will cause problems in offset page.

Only real difference on the 10/20 was calc assist. They look identical.

Thank you for the reply im using mastercam to program and the delta dynapath conversational post processor i changed some settings and now it is working don't know what one it was but one of them worked lol. no im having trouble on a simple peck drill for drilling for soft jaws? it takes to pecks then just sits there?

Does the * come on the z position display when it stops?

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Im not sure i will check it aagin tomorrow thanks again!

Machine update

Well I found a 13 tooth pulley set the parameters back and bam all seems well been running it for a couple weeks trying to get caught up on parts, seems ok hope i did not jinx myself by this post.

And a thank you to BOB for getting the pulley and everyone here with all the help setting lag and all!
    this a great place for help!

I loaded the same program back into it today to check for that and it ran perfect not sure what the problem was unless it just needed reset. thank you again for taking the time to help me!
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by XAD View Post
    I loaded the same program back into it today to check for that and it ran perfect not sure what the problem was unless it just needed reset. thank you again for taking the time to help me!
    Richard
    its doing it again now and the * is not on the Z line?

Spindle running for a while?

Quill is probably heating up from the spindle and not sliding in the housing correctly.

Lube problem on the quill

Or, motor balance is out of adjustment. May need to remove the Z motor, blow out the carbon, inspect brushes and check for case to armature shorting. Then a drive adjustment.

Spindle running for a while?

Quill is probably heating up from the spindle and not sliding in the housing correctly.

Lube problem on the quill

Or, motor balance is out of adjustment. May need to remove the Z motor, blow out the carbon, inspect brushes and check for case to armature shorting. Then a drive adjustment.
    No not at all just a minute maybe the errors out? or quits

Cool, now cut a circle and check it.

Greetings-
    From the manual the set-up procedure for MSI Servo Drives:

With one lead of a digital ohm meter on TP2-1 and the other lead on: (NOTE: J1 plugs must be disconnected.)

TP1-2, adjust TG pot for 2.85 K ohms
    TP1-3, adjust PC pot for 2.62 K ohms
    TP1-4, adjust RC pot for 2.35 K ohms
    TP1-5, adjust SG pot for 6.13 K ohms
    TP1-6, adjust VC pot for 2.62 K ohms

Install the drive & turn power on.

Reset E-Stop, reference machine. Go to mode select 5 (set-up), key in TM4, enter (servo adjust). Then select 0, Jog. Enter Jog Mode 1. Set feedrate override pot to Max CW (high).

Adjust BL pot for zero standing axis lag +/- .0002".

While jogging the axis, adjust SG pot for .015" axis lag.

Hope this helps

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by T0DD View Post
    Greetings-
    From the manual the set-up procedure for MSI Servo Drives:

With one lead of a digital ohm meter on TP2-1 and the other lead on: (NOTE: J1 plugs must be disconnected.)

TP1-2, adjust TG pot for 2.85 K ohms
    TP1-3, adjust PC pot for 2.62 K ohms
    TP1-4, adjust RC pot for 2.35 K ohms
    TP1-5, adjust SG pot for 6.13 K ohms
    TP1-6, adjust VC pot for 2.62 K ohms

Install the drive & turn power on.

Reset E-Stop, reference machine. Go to mode select 5 (set-up), key in TM4, enter (servo adjust). Then select 0, Jog. Enter Jog Mode 1. Set feedrate override pot to Max CW (high).

Adjust BL pot for zero standing axis lag +/- .0002".

While jogging the axis, adjust SG pot for .015" axis lag.

Hope this helps

Todd
    Todd thanks i will need to get some help with these settings its over my head.
    I am noticing that is 25 inches of actual x travel that it only reads about 22" ? will these settings fix this or is there another problem?

Make sure you have msi drives before you do this! Early machines had baldor, then msi, then back to baldor. Some even had servo dynamics I've seen.

And no, it will not effect travel distance. It's only for servo tuning, and that procedure is typically only used if you replace a axis card.

Check your scaling in the set up page.

Make sure you have msi drives before you do this! Early machines had baldor, then msi, then back to baldor. Some even had servo dynamics I've seen.

And no, it will not effect travel distance. It's only for servo tuning, and that procedure is typically only used if you replace a axis card.

Check your scaling in the set up page.
    Scale factor SX 1.0
    and SZ 1.0? seems odd loosing 3 inches in a 25 and 3/4 x travel y seems ok
    I measured the travel in 25.5586 it only reads on the read out 22.1586 off 2.7289?

That's quite a bit. Not sure if those machines had pitch error comp or not. Been too long. Might be a parameter in the pic causing it.

That is alot of error! I've not seen pitch error compensation in the control yet, though I've used this machine very little (I've been programming them for many years, just recently bought one since it is such a good little machine). I'll dig through every manual I have in spare time and see what I can find. Just as a reference mine is a '93 J425 with Baldor drives and is in excellent condition so I've not had to fix anything yet.

I'd like to know how you checked that distance. Was it one move, several moves one direction, or moves with opposite direction?

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by T0DD View Post
    That is alot of error! I've not seen pitch error compensation in the control yet, though I've used this machine very little (I've been programming them for many years, just recently bought one since it is such a good little machine). I'll dig through every manual I have in spare time and see what I can find. Just as a reference mine is a '93 J425 with Baldor drives and is in excellent condition so I've not had to fix anything yet.

I'd like to know how you checked that distance. Was it one move, several moves one direction, or moves with opposite direction?

Todd
    Thanks for the info!
    to check travel I took a piece of stock 25.5586 put it in the vises touched of on one side and ran it to the other and touched of and this was the actual 25.5586 and the control said 22.1586 not sure of the proper way to check just what i could come up with. then i programmed a 3x1 rectangle 1 in y was fine but X was 3.5 ish?

Any ideas what setting to get this back to proper X travel anyone?

Did it do this before tuning the drive? Im guessing it did since you only adjusted the tach signal, and those adjustment really have nothing to do with position. Is the X axis motor different than Y? Im wondering if someone changed the X motor out. That would explain why the lag was soo far off. There were different pulley diameters on some of the motors. Take the Y motor off and switch with the X and check it.

Page 1 of 3 123