586,900 active members*
2,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OKUMA Remake Software

OKUMA Remake Software

We have an LB15 OSP5020 control unit. CNC is running smoothly but we haven't remake floppy(Control software). Is there a way, making control software from CNC?. I can copy all files to floppy diskette from CNC memory. How do i convert it to control software?

you can make system backup using Central control mode "S". There are at least two mode control switches in Main Control Cabinet. One is "overtravel release" and other one, next to "reset" is control mode. Select maintenance mode and your control boots up to maintenance menu. You can re-install from there and you can make a backup copy from there. I'm not sure, if it makes bootable, tihe 1st one floppy.
    but first. First You make sure, is the floppy the device for system restore. Paper tape reader could be the one for such an old machine

Files

There are fifteen files in CNC memory (BB0: ), but files must be sixteen in remake floppy. Sixteenth of the file extension should be BBM (etc BIN**-***-B.BBM). This file is not in the CNC memory (BB0: )

The software can't be "built" from what is stored in memory. First is the BIN files issue, which is part of the loading process and sets size of memory and format, next are the pbu data files which can't be copied because of a file sector issue. If you don't have the software you would have to purchase another full loadable set.

I understand but very expensive price for the one 1.44 floppy.