586,553 active members*
3,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > After resetting all machine Zeros how do I modify overtravel parameters?

Question After resetting all machine Zeros how do I modify overtravel parameters?

Hello,
    I had a motherboard die on me 3 weeks ago. In the process of trouble shooting/repair the machine tech wiped out all my sub side parameters and machine zeros (main side params are still good).

So, I went through the process in the Tsugami manual to re-find its pulsecoder home. The tech reset all the parameters to "factory" settings that he dug up but since the machine is from 1994 and has been crashed/re homed/whatever so many times the axies will hit the Hard Stop with the "factory" parameters. It only does this in one direction (Z- and X-)
    the other way (Z+ X+) is ok.

So I know my Limit (-) parameter is 1321 and it has the Values X -2000 and Z -140,500 currently.
    I need to move my limits + approx .050-.300". (dont know exactly)

My question is do you know approx what numerical value would correlate to .1-.3"?

or how many pulses per rev there are? I think my Tsugami has a 5mm/rev lead but im not positive.
    If it helps its a Fanuc aA64 pulse coder Type A860-0360-T01

Also I know how to change these parameters, im just wondering by how much to modify them or how many pulses are in an Inch (ballpark)
    Thanks!

Edit/Update
    Well I have a fire under my butt so I just wrote down what was there and started changing numbers. I found 1000=1mm ratio between parameter and travel.

-I fixed the x- z- over travel problem by modifying the params by a couple mm's

-X1 still over travels to the point that the servo motor whines but no 410/411 excess/overload alarm. the Param was 1000. I changed it all the way down to -15000 but the axis still goes to the same soft over travel point (1.532" on my position page). So why did x2 z2 respond to my parameter changes but x1 does not...
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

OT

Please keep in mind that when parameter 1320 is less than parameter 1321 the stroke becomes infinite: !320 should have only positive numbers and 1321 should only have negative numbers.