I purchased a new Mitsibushi Inverter model FR-D720S-070. Yesterday
I'm trying to drive my (Chinese)spindle motor which is rated as follows
220-250v
8000-24000 rpm
400Hz
8amp

I'm having great trouble getting it to run correctly. The manual is 300 pages and confusing.
I want to run the inverter in easy mode without any external control or input for the moment.
Can you help me with an easy setup please. I dont want to cook my spindle motor.
George

As always, I panick when I see a 300 page manua. But I sat down and had a good read.

I have managed to get the inverter running in 'stand alone mode' and I'm able to control the speed of the spindle with the wee thumbwheel.
I was a bit worried of cooking the spindle at first because it was running hot, very hot. But once I found that I had to set the base frequency to 400HZ it was fine.

So far I have set the following parameters.

0=4
1=50 Min frequency
2=400 Max frequency
3=400 Base frequency
4=400 Multi speed setting high
5=200 Multi speed setting mid
6=100 multi speed setting low
18=400 Hi speed max frequency
79=1 operation mode fixed to 'PU'

I havent messed with any other parameters for now as the spindle seems to be running fine.

My only issue is that my cheapy Chines inverter had a 5 digit display and did show the spindle speed nicely. The display on the new inverter is only 4 digit and dispays frequency only.

Given that the 400hz spindle is rated at 220v 3Phase 400Hz 24,000rpm am I correct in assuming that with 200HZ set on the inverter drive that the spindle is running at half spped i.e. 12000rpm

And of course if I use the 0-10v input I'm assuning that 5volt would also give 12,000 rpm.