586,065 active members*
4,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM
Page 1 of 2 12

Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM

You’ve heard about BobCAD CAM, but have you seen the software in action?
    Participate in this special on line demonstration and learn the truth about world’s most powerful, affordable CAD CAM system.

This presentation will be hosted by Cody Sheppard, where he will walk you through 2D and 3D programming examples. Learn about features and benefits BobCAD CAM offers.

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/261745984

If you have any questions or comments about participating in this event please feel free to contact me.

Al DePoalo
    BobCAM Team Leader
    866-408-3226 X147
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Now that sounds like a step in the right direction.If you want to sell your software.

Smile

I would love to have a look at that as I am a new bobcad/cam V24 user. But I am in different time zone. Is there anyother way (As I dont like to wake up at early morning 2.00am )

Why wouldn't they make this as a training video and give it out for free?

What products is this on V24 BobCAD-CAM or Bobcam for solidworks?

Any feedback from todays webcast ??????
    I tried to get on and did but couldn't hear so I ran out , bought a new usb ear phone /mic combo and made it back for the last 10 min of it and was able to hear it fine. Are these all going to be different topics every week or can I get on next week and hear todays all over again?
    I have no doubt that BobCad can due what they claim and realize any shortcomings are on my part in not learning it so I think this will be a big help to me seeing it used by an experienced person, rj

Whatever.

txcncman,

You are right I am a very busy man, I apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I do my very best to go above and beyond with customer service, matter of fact here is my personal cell phone number 727-479-6328. If you ever needs help with BobCAD CAM software just give me a call. That's the kind of customer service I offer!

As far as the webinars and recording them, we do offer special recorded webinars for our level 3 support clients. The weekly webinars are currently not being recorded.

If you are looking for more information on how to use BobCAD I recommend you use the following free resources .

Free CNC CAD/CAM Software Lessons | BobCAD-CAM

BobCAD-CAM SUPPORT TICKET SYSTEM - Knowledge Base

BobCADCAM - YouTube

Or I would also recommend you considering a training seminar.

CNC CAD/CAM Software Training Seminars | BobCAD-CAM

About BobCAD-CAM Seminars

Becoming a 100% professional BobCAD-CAM software operator has just been made easier to achieve! Each Training Seminar includes 3-days of complete CAD/CAM training. Every manufacturer that attends a Training Seminar is recognized and awarded with a “BobCAD-CAM Software Operator” certificate, after completing the class training instruction. Because we want your training experience to be the best that we can make it, we ask that you reserve your seats in advance as seating is limited.

The price includes training only. All flights, hotel, food and miscellaneous expenses are the responsibility of the attendee.

Information on local hotels, car rentals and restaurants are available as needed upon request. Discounted hotel rates are usually available when BobCAD-CAM is mentioned during reservation.
    We offer 3-Day CAD-CAM Training Seminars at various locations around America.

Course Objective

This is to provide our BobCAD-CAM customers with an effective way to learn the software and become more knowledgeable and proficient in its use.

Course Contents

Training on Version 24 CAD/CAM Mill software. Optional training on Lathe and Art for an additional fee per class, per night or per person.
    Meeting Place

The Training Seminar will be held in the conference room at a hotel near your city.

Duration

3-Days from 8:30 AM to approximately 5:00 PM on days 1 & 2 and 7:30 AM to approximately 4:00 PM on day 3. Optional, additional Lathe & Art Classes available on the 1st & 2nd evenings

Certification

Professional BobCAD-CAM software operator certificates are issued at the end of the 3-day training class.

For large scale plant wide training, consider our on-site training solutions.
    Additional Information

Schedule a Training Seminar in a different location or request more information.

Sign up for a seminar contact the training department directly at 877.262.2231 ext 127

Contact Training | BobCAD-CAM

As of 4/17/2012

Oklahoma City, OK - Basic
    4-25-2012 to 4-27-2012 on V24
    4 Seat(s) Available

http://www.bobcad.com/wp-content/the...V24B_Apr12.pdf

Newark, NJ - Basic
    5-2-2012 to 5-4-2012 on V24
    3 Seat(s) Available

http://www.bobcad.com/wp-content/the...V24B_May12.pdf

San Jose, CA - Basic
    5-9-2012 to 5-11-2012 on V24
    2 Seat(s) Available

Toronto, Canada - Basic
    5-16-2012 to 5-18-2012 on V24
    4 Seat(s) Available

Minneapolis, MN - Basic
    5-23-2012 to 5-25-2012 on V24
    3 Seat(s) Available

Las Vegas, NV - Basic
    6-6-2012 to 6-8-2012 on V24
    5 Seat(s) Available

http://www.bobcad.com/wp-content/the...V24B_Jun12.pdf

Clearwater, FL - Basic
    6-13-2012 to 6-15-2012 on V24
    12 Seat(s) Available

http://www.bobcad.com/wp-content/the...Jun12_V24B.pdf

Atlanta, GA - Basic
    6-20-2012 to 6-22-2012 on V24
    12 Seat(s) Available

http://www.bobcad.com/wp-content/the...Jun12_V24B.pdf
    Al DePoalo

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I guess Al has been too busy to answer back in the last 4 days. I guess that shows what service to expect from BobCad.
    Hey Al, I know about 30 other forums you should monitor in case some strange guy who wants free stuff is asking questions about BobCad... You may get a bad rep!

30 more????? I don't think I can handle any more than I am currently on, but I can try
    Al DePoalo

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I guess Al has been too busy to answer back in the last 4 days. I guess that shows what service to expect from BobCad.
    Dear txcncman,

I too have had issues with BobCam and of course with many other things, items, and services I have purchased in my long life time. I do complain, but I don't do it just to cause trouble. You, on the other hand, seem to desire to do just that.

You have made several posts in the Haas Mill forum lately that were snarky and just to cause issues and you have been called out on them. At least you finally admitted the other day that you do not even own a Haas.

I would bet that you probably do not own BobCad either. I do and like I said I have my issues with the software from time to time and I complain from time to time, but in all honesty, almost all issues that I and others have is just that we don't devote enough time to learn the software.

The way modern CAM and CAM software works is just not intuitive, you must study and learn how to use it. Sometimes it is as simple as looking at the bottom of the screen for the instructions they provide and you don't pay attention to!!!!

So, yup I wish the software was easier to learn, I wish all of the training in all forms was free and they would just come and make my parts, but that ain't going to happen.

But, this forum, with positive and constructive posts is maybe the best way I have found to learn and to resolve problems and issues. We post our issues and get help from others who are more advanced than we are. We have people who read this forum many times a day and offer help that are amazing with this software and probably many others.

So, how about we try to keep posting helpful posts, whether they be questioning or informative, let's keep them positive.

Lord knows there are enough forums and blogs where you can go to stir up trouble.

Like Texas, this forum is a big place and room for all without causing problems.

Peace out brother.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Above Post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.JPG  

3 times I've gotten on the webinar and can never hear what is being said. I bought a new usb headset with mic and earphones. I can view the webinar but spend the entire time trying to get audio to work. I do the "test" and can hear the tune through my earset.
    The Organizer/Presenter Control Panel in the upper
    rh corner doesn't look like this one

Control Panel - GoToMeeting

Mine looks very simple with about 1/4 of the info.
    Do I need to pay anything for this BC webinar? It looks like I connect to the "free" version that is more limited?????
    Frustrating, I can here music of of You tube just fine.
    Win7, newer computer 2-3 yo.
    Any ideas as to what to do? thanks, rj

These webinars are free, and I am not sure why you are having issues with the sound, oh wait I know...

To hear the webinar you have 2 options

1) To call the conference line and listen in on your phone

2) To use your Microphone & speakers.

I am guessing the default is the phone line and this is why you are not hearing anything. For the next meeting make sure you choose option 2.

How do you choose this option? There is dot box for you to choose the sound options on your control panel, the area where you can raise your hand.

I hope that helps!
    Al DePoalo

thanks Al, I've been choosing the #2 mic and speakers option.
    Don't care necessarily about me yapping just listening.
    It keeps saying "audio connection has been lost, attempting to reconnect"
    Probably something on my end, just don't know what, maybe my isp is blocking somehow?
    thanks,rj
    PS I can type in a question on the webinar and somebody responds within a min or so, so at least that is getting through.

Quote Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
    thanks Al, I've been choosing the #2 mic and speakers option.
    Don't care necessarily about me yapping just listening.
    It keeps saying "audio connection has been lost, attempting to reconnect"
    Probably something on my end, just don't know what, maybe my isp is blocking somehow?
    thanks,rj
    PS I can type in a question on the webinar and somebody responds within a min or so, so at least that is getting through.
    Hi rjmorel,
    2 things to look at.. Most simple is are you a high speed cable type connection, or a dialup type?? Not much to do if you are a dialup..

Second is to be sure you are using the latest drivers for your audio device.. If you dont know how to check this or do anything about it, you can open BobCad and go to help-system info and hit copy to clipboard, then respond here and hit Ctrl+V and I'll see if I can help you with that.

BurrMan, here it is,
    I do have a high speed cable connection, I know that the computer is always downloading updates but maybe not the ones I need for this fix
    I'm a bit computer illiterate so use short sentenses and little words as in "push here dummy" rj

****** Computer System *****
    Name : ROB-PC
    Manufacturer : Compaq-Presario
    Model : FK583AA-ABA SR5633WM
    SystemType : X86-based PC
    Description : AT/AT COMPATIBLE
    NumberOfProcessors : 1
    NumberOfLogicalProcessors : 2
    TotalPhysicalMemory : 3487752192
    BootupState : Normal boot
    Workgroup : WORKGROUP
    DNSHostName : rob-PC
    Domain : WORKGROUP
    PrimaryOwnerName : rob
    UserName : rob-PC\rob

***** Sysyem CPU Info *****
    Manufacturer : GenuineIntel
    Version : Model 15, Stepping 13
    Stepping : 13
    DeviceID : CPU0
    ProcessorId : BFEBFBFF000006FD
    Description : x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
    NumberOfCores : 2
    NumberOfLogicalProcessors : 2
    MaxClockSpeed : 2.200 MHz

***** System Graphics *****
    AdapterDACType : Integrated RAMDAC
    Description : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    DeviceID : VideoController1
    DriverVersion : 8.15.11.8593
    InfFilename : nv_lh.inf
    InfSection : nv_G7x
    InstalledDisplayDrivers : nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
    Name : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    VideoModeDescription : 1440 x 900 x 4294967296 colors
    VideoProcessor : GeForce 7300 GS
    AdapterCompatibility : NVIDIA
    AdapterRAM : 256.000 MB
    CurrentHorizontalResolution : 1440
    CurrentVerticalResolution : 900
    CurrentNumberOfColors : 4294967296
    CurrentRefreshRate : 59
    DriverDate : 20090514000000.000000-000

***** System OS *****
    Manufacturer : Microsoft Corporation
    Caption : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    BuildNumber : 7601
    CSDVersion : Service Pack 1
    Version : 6.1.7601
    BuildType : Multiprocessor Free
    CodeSet : 1252
    CountryCode : 1
    CSName : ROB-PC
    Locale : 0409
    Organization : Hewlett-Packard Company
    OSArchitecture : 32-bit
    EncryptionLevel : 256
    FreePhysicalMemory : 2151804
    FreeSpaceInPagingFiles : 3350588
    FreeVirtualMemory : 5586652
    InstallDate : 20110419211618.000000-420
    LastBootUpTime : 20120501103920.359599-420
    MaxProcessMemorySize : 2097024
    NumberOfProcesses : 55
    ServicePackMajorVersion : 1
    ServicePackMinorVersion : 0
    BootDevice : \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    SystemDevice : \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    SystemDirectory : C:\Windows\system32
    SystemDrive : C:
    TotalVirtualMemorySize : 6810260
    TotalVisibleMemorySize : 3406008
    WindowsDirectory : C:\Windows

Description : Local Fixed Disk
    DeviceID : C:
    FileSystem : NTFS
    FreeSpace : 211593109504
    VolumeName : COMPAQ
    VolumeSerialNumber : 78150452
    Compressed : False
    Size : 308310556672

Description : Local Fixed Disk
    DeviceID : D:
    FileSystem : NTFS
    FreeSpace : 1615175680
    VolumeName : FACTORY_IMAGE
    VolumeSerialNumber : 9CA46A86
    Size : 11759243264

Description : CD-ROM Disc
    DeviceID : E:

Description : Removable Disk
    DeviceID : F:
    FileSystem : FAT
    FreeSpace : 4636672
    VolumeName : COMPAQ FAV
    VolumeSerialNumber : C3B2548F
    Size : 1031503872

DeviceID : H:

DeviceID : I:

DeviceID : J:

DeviceID : K:

DeviceID : L:

Hi rjmorel,
    So just to be sure we are looking at your computer, is this it here??

Compaq Presario SR5633WM Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

This specific computers audio driver has an update that addresses loosing sound if the audio device is connected to a monitor usb port and the monitor is connected by an HDMI cable... Are your headphones connected to a usb port on the monitor and not the computer??

Answer these and we can go forward with what to do and where to go.

Dang Burr, your good.
    Yes mine is the SR5633wm. Only I upgraded to Win 7 and increased memory and vidio card from what it came with so I could run BC better.
    I'm connecting my logitech ear phones/mic through computer usb.
    Monitor doesn't have usb that I can see.
    I have another set of just ear phones that I can put in the earphone jack on the computer that I can hear You Tube music and vids with. If I pull this one out , the sound reverts back to the speakers on the monitor. and vise versa.
    I could not hear the BC webinar with these ear phones in the computer jack either which is why I bought the usb Logitech phone/mic . thanks a bunch .rj

Hi rjmorel,
    Ok, a couple upgrades. Lets start with being sure the audio driver is the HP one designed for windows 7 (This will be simple stuff. If it gets too complicated for you, I may direct you to bobcad to have one of their techs log on to your computer to help, or we will look for someone at your place that can look into it)

The first and most simple is to be sure of settings. Right clcik the little "Speaker icon" on the lower right corner of the screen and choose "Playback devices". What is set as the default?

Page 1 of 2 12