586,117 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I.C. engine plans

Hi everyone,
    I am an experienced cnc operator and I saw these miniature engine on the internet and I want to try and make one. I want to make a Cummins inline 6 or any big or small block chevys. I have found many plans for single and double cylinder engines but no plans for v8's or diesel engines. I was wondering if any of you experienced engine builders can tell me where I can find some free plans or if you have copies you can email to me. As soon as I can find some plans I can get to work. Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can help.

Plans are available in this forum. Free??? I think the originator deserves compensation for his/her efforts to produce these plans.

The plans available here (Chevy small block for example) are priced very reasonably IMHO.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Richard,
    I understand that people want money for there plans but I have found plenty of free plans on the internet for ic engines and I am checking cnczone for free chevy or cummins plans. If push comes to shove I will buy plans, I am just searching one last time before I go out and spend money.

I have not seen any plans for the 6 cylinder. There is a small V8 glow engine called the Whittle V8. I think the plans for that are out there for free. There is a V8 called the Amsbury V8 that is 1/4 scale I think. There are a few radial's like the 5 cylinder Edwards that are free. That's all I can think of right now.

Steve,
    Thanks for your leads to plans. In this search I have found that you have a Demon v8. If you don't mind, maybe you can give me a cop of those plans.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsman View Post
    Steve,
    Thanks for your leads to plans. In this search I have found that you have a Demon v8. If you don't mind, maybe you can give me a cop of those plans.

As long as you don't mind giving me a fifty dollar bill. Hahaha!

Sorry but I have 2-1/2 years wrapped up in the drawings so I can't just give them away.

Steve,
    I understand all that you have said and I applaud you in your work. After reading your last post i have a few questions. First off, did you tear a motor down to get your dimensions or did you find dimensions elsewhere. Second, what program are you using to design your parts to use with the cnc. I don't remember what program we use with the cnc's but on my computer at home I have the Autodesk program. I'm not sure if it is cnc compatible or not. If you don't mind you seem like you know a lot about machining these model engines so I might be asking more questions as I go along. Thank you for your help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsman View Post
    Steve,
    did you tear a motor down to get your dimensions or did you find dimensions elsewhere.

what program are you using to design your parts to use with the cnc.

If you don't mind you seem like you know a lot about machining these model engines so I might be asking more questions as I go along.

I did not model the engine from a full scale engine. It was designed from scratch using some basic dimensions from other projects that I have done in the past.

I use Alibre to model all my parts. I use CamBam to create all my G-code and my mill runs on Mach3

I don't know alot but I will share what i do know. That's why we are all here, to share and learn with and from each other. Ask away!

Cheers!!