586,080 active members*
3,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

chuck for interact series 1 mk 2

Hi everyone

i have been supplied a number of chucks with my mill but there is nothing written on them. most of them are the same (approximately the right size to seat an ER25 collet and secured by screwing on a nut over the top).

Could anyone clarrify what chuck is meant to be used with this machine? are they completely interchangeable? and is there any way of measuring particlaur points on them to work out what I have? They look like BT30 or 40's at the collet end but the other end looks more like the images i get in google when searching for a QC30 chuck.

Am i correct in thinking the QC and BT prefix denotes how the chuck fits to the mill rather than how the chuck secures the collet?

Any light anyone can shed on this for me would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gavin

Ok so i think i'm getting somewhere with this so thought i'd add where I am on the off chance anyone else has the same question in the future.

So while the collet chucks i have, have nothing written on them to tell me what collets they are designed for I have managed to establish the following

1 the chuck on the mill has QC30 written on it
    2 The clamp I use to hold the collet chuck still while I clamp the collet into the chuck has the following written on it

kennametal erickson
    30ISO/BM 64-900-030-1
    (0041)

Based on this it would look like I can buy a 30INT-ER25 collet chuck and i'll be able to use my ER25 collet on my Interact.

Does that sound about right?

Ok so i think i'm there. I've sourced a QC30-ER25 collet chuck from Gloster Tooling Supplies here in the UK.

I was mistaken, the INT30 chuck will not work in a QC30 machine, although i've been told that the other way around would work.

Anyway it would seem the problem is solved, but i'll keep my fingers crossed until they actually arrive (by Thursday with any luck)

Yes,you have cracked it.You have the Ericsson QC spindle,IMO one of the worst ideas ever.
    The difference between QC30 and Int30 is the QC has a smaller diameter,thicker flange.