586,104 active members*
3,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Need motor output pin # for Mach3 plasma cam

Question Need motor output pin # for Mach3 plasma cam

I have been given the joy of trying to revive a mistreated 5X10 plasma table built by the defunct CNC Cutting Solutions of Canada. One thing I have discovered is at the Ports and Pins configuration screen the pin # are not entered, I think that this is a good place to ask to see if anyone has any idea of what a default setting might be. It has a generic breakout board and is using Gecko G201 Drivers. I can make nice chips but I would like not to make nice smoke. Thanks.

You have posted and asked about the machine and stated it has the MP1000 from us and if so there is a definate motor pinout. You will spend the next 3 years of your life trying to figure this out or you can download the manuals from the website and get the preset profiles off the CandCNCSupport (yahoo group) and get you way further down the road. Standrad pinout for ALL our products (even the older ones is :

X STEP = 2 DIR = 3
    Y STEP = 4 DIR = 5
    Z STEP = 6 DIR = 7
    A STEP = 8 DIR = 9

They could have elected to change that around but it's not likely since the STEP monitor would not work right.

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

You can't smoke anything by getting the step & dir pins wrong....it just won't move or will only move in one direction