586,116 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > NM-145 Spindle not working

NM-145 Spindle not working

Just received my new Nm-145 and am very impressed upon un-crating it. Everything looks very nice and fully meets my expectations. Once i put the machine in place and hooked up the monitor and keyboard, I booted up Mach3 to see how things run. I can get everything to jog correctly but can not get the spindle to turn at all. I have spoken a couple times to John from Novakon and have not had any luck getting the spindle to work. Any suggestions?

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by overrev View Post
    Just received my new Nm-145 and am very impressed upon un-crating it. Everything looks very nice and fully meets my expectations. Once i put the machine in place and hooked up the monitor and keyboard, I booted up Mach3 to see how things run. I can get everything to jog correctly but can not get the spindle to turn at all. I have spoken a couple times to John from Novakon and have not had any luck getting the spindle to work. Any suggestions?

Bobby
    Make sure that you have the latest config file for NM-145 from Novakon, then look into the MACH3 setups to make sure that the spindle is properly enabled for operation from MACH3.

steveb- Thanks for the reply. I am a newbie to cnc and Mach3, so i would have no clue what i am looking at when it comes to setting up the spindle. Shouldn't this be done already in the .xml file from Novakon?
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by overrev View Post
    steveb- Thanks for the reply. I am a newbie to cnc and Mach3, so i would have no clue what i am looking at when it comes to setting up the spindle. Shouldn't this be done already in the .xml file from Novakon?
    Bobby
    Yes, but the file could have been corrupted somehow due to computer crash or cosmic rays, or voodoo.

Finally got my mill working today. Got a new vfd spindle board from Novakon today, at my shipping expense, installed it and spindle was spinning. The Mach 3 profile that was sent with the machine was setup wrong. Spindle would only spin counter clockwise, even if m4 code was keyed. Output #4 was not active in the profile. Everything is cutting as expected. If you are willing to put up with the potential of an initial problem and have customer service patience, than this mill is def worth the money. Now, lets see how long it stays working as desired....