586,032 active members*
3,056 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Small shop looking at a VM-1 or VM-10

Small shop looking at a VM-1 or VM-10

Hello all,

I have a very small shop that is overflowing with tools. I need another vertical spindle and the VM-10 looks like it would just fit if I move out my Bliss punch Press. We are running a Haas VF-0 and a Takisawa EX-108 lathe.

I would like to hear from those of you who are running VM-10s. What do you cut, how are they for maintenence?

I use SurfCam Velocity 5.1 for software

Thank you in advance.

Lowell

At first you'll like it. Then it all goes down hill fast. Stick with haas IMO.

Go to Hurco's web site and download the Winmax8 trail. If you like the sotfware, there is a good chance you will love there machines. Quick and easy to set up. Although if your planning to run a lot of cam stuff on it, the Haas may be a better choice.

Which machine can you get more options with (chipconver, probes, softwear upgreades,ect)? You might want to go with that one instead.

I do like running the VF-3, but I cus that thing every time I have to top off the swing arm tool changer oil and other general mantince duties. Pull off the TC pannel, pull off the TC gear drive pannel, add the oil. Put the pannels back on. 90+ mins later, I'm done. Hurco's are not flawless eaither, so I guess you have to pick your posion.