586,545 active members*
3,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Download offsets?

Hello,

I just probed 25 or so holes. Any way to dump the work offset locations? USB? Dprint?

Thanks

Tim

Lost of ways. Which machine and year?

Its a 2008 build machine, 16.02 software.

I would think the newest manual instructions would work:

Programs can be transferred by many different methods such as USB, and RS-232. Settings, offsets and macro variables can be transferred between the CNC and a PC in a similar manner.

Parameters, settings, offsets, and macro variables pages may also be sent individually via RS-232 by selecting the “LIST PROG” mode, selecting the desired display screen, and pushing the SEND key. They can be received by pushing the RECV key and selecting the file on the PC that is to be received.

Send and Receive Offsets, Settings, Parameters and Macro Variables to/from Disk. Offsets, settings, parameters and macro variables can be saved to a storage device. Press LIST PROG, then select the tab for the device to save to or load from. Press F4 and select the appropriate function, then press WRITE.

Send and Receive Offsets, Settings, Parameters and Macro Variables to/from RS232. Offsets, settings, parameters and macro variables can be saved to the RS-232 port. Press List Prog, and select a display page (e.g. OFSET, SETNG). Enter a file name and press Send RS232 to send that display page to the RS-232 port. Press RECV RS232 to read the file via RS-232.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I would think the newest manual instructions would work:

Programs can be transferred by many different methods such as USB, and RS-232. Settings, offsets and macro variables can be transferred between the CNC and a PC in a similar manner.

Parameters, settings, offsets, and macro variables pages may also be sent individually via RS-232 by selecting the “LIST PROG” mode, selecting the desired display screen, and pushing the SEND key. They can be received by pushing the RECV key and selecting the file on the PC that is to be received.

Send and Receive Offsets, Settings, Parameters and Macro Variables to/from Disk. Offsets, settings, parameters and macro variables can be saved to a storage device. Press LIST PROG, then select the tab for the device to save to or load from. Press F4 and select the appropriate function, then press WRITE.

Send and Receive Offsets, Settings, Parameters and Macro Variables to/from RS232. Offsets, settings, parameters and macro variables can be saved to the RS-232 port. Press List Prog, and select a display page (e.g. OFSET, SETNG). Enter a file name and press Send RS232 to send that display page to the RS-232 port. Press RECV RS232 to read the file via RS-232.
    Cool thanks.

Tried it, getting errors. I'll have to look over my serial port settings..etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish?

Matt,

I probed a number of different sized holes and set each one to a new work offset.

I already wrote the offsets down but what I would have liked to do is probe a hole and have it spit out the x,y into the dnc so I can put them in excel.

I dont know the locations of the holes, FYI. Reverse engineering.

I am not at a machine and have never done this myself, but by the instructions, if you have USB, press List Prog, press Offset to highlight section for where you saved probed locations, press F4, select function to send to USB (or RS-232), press Write key. Should send all offsets to selected location.

If you can't send anything out to RS-232, the DPRINT in a macro is not gonna help you.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I am not at a machine and have never done this myself, but by the instructions, if you have USB, press List Prog, press Offset to highlight section for where you saved probed locations, press F4, select function to send to USB (or RS-232), press Write key. Should send all offsets to selected location.

If you can't send anything out to RS-232, the DPRINT in a macro is not gonna help you.
    I'll have to give that a try tommorow. I saw your post so I figured I would see if I could get the serial transfer to work before I left the shop. Thanks for the sunday reply.

Double Post.

To backup files to USB, this works for Offsets, Parameter, etc.

Select LIST PROG
    Select USB
    Enter a filename of your choice
    Press F4
    From the displayed list, select your choice of action, ex: OFFSETS
    Press enter and the offsets will be saved to USB