586,103 active members*
3,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > Automated Technologies Inc - Any dealt with them?

Automated Technologies Inc - Any dealt with them?

Has anyone had dealings with Automated Technologies Inc. in IL? Illinois is where their web site claims they are. They carry the same Chinese water cooled spindles and VFDs you see on EBay. They are a bit more expensive, but if they are really in country and their support is good, it may be worth the additional $100 to $150.

Any one know of any other companies in the US which sell low cost water cooled spindles?

Edit: Their URL is http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/

Any one know of any other companies in the US which sell low cost water cooled spindles?
    Not sure where they're located, but I believe this company is in the US.
    UgraCNC
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Analias View Post
    Has anyone had dealings with Automated Technologies Inc. in IL? Illinois is where their web site claims they are. They carry the same Chinese water cooled spindles and VFDs you see on EBay. They are a bit more expensive, but if they are really in country and their support is good, it may be worth the additional $100 to $150.

Edit: Their URL is Automation Technology Inc. | Stepper Motors, Servo Motors, CNC Stepper Motors, Stepper Drivers, CNC Kits, Stepper Kits Automation Technology Inc
    I bought my g540, steppers, power supply, and a few odds and ends from them. Shipping was quick. Only the one order but a positive experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Not sure where they're located, but I believe this company is in the US.
    UgraCNC
    Yes, the company is located in Lititz, PA

same here, one order, minor stuff, no complaints and prompt shipment.
    my first..."Big Ape" CNCRP 2448 Build Log

I also only placed one order with them. Shipping was quick and they had the items in stock. They are a no frills company from my experience. No documentation came with anything they sent. I asked a question in their forum here at the zone about the PS they sent and to this day, they have not answered me. I suggest you request any and all documentation you want before you order.

Ordered from them a 4 axis 570 oz/in cnc kit with the ballscrews and holders ... but no documentation ...

For a newbie like me, I found this to be a tough one ...

But with paypal payments, fast delivery to Montreal (Quebec, Canada), I give them 2 out of 3 thumbs up

I went with Automation Technologies for my MPG and my 3HP water cooled spindle. The MPG arrived today, quick and no fuss. We'll have to see how the spindle does.

Since I'm hearing that the cheap VFDs that come with the Ebay spindle/VFD combos seem to be failing and need replacement quite often, I went with a Hitachi X200 (X200-022NFU2) from Wolf Automation for $259. It seemed a pretty reasonable price compared to other US distributors and what I was seeing on Ebay.

I think to get feed back for Automated Technologies Inc you just have to ask about Kelinginc as they are the same company. From what I can tell Kelinginc has been around for a long time and I have yet to read a bad post about them.
    I just purchased a Nema34 motor from Kelingind website, it arrived in 2 days in great shape.

The folling info was taken off both Kelinginc and Automated Technologies Inc website under the contact us link.
    Kelinginc site.
    Sales: [email protected]
    Support: [email protected]
    2112 Stonington Ave, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
    Tel: 847-984-0882 8:00am to 5:00pm Central Time

Automated Technologies Inc site.
    Automation Technology Inc
    2112 Stonington Ave
    Hoffman Estates, IL 60169

We are going to shut down our old website Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor Driver,CNC Router, Stepper Motor Power Supply, Stepper Motor Kit, DC Servo Motor, Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor Driver, CNC Router, Stepper Motor Power Supply, Stepper Motor Kit, DC Servo Motor or .com
    soon.

If you have any question, email to us at:
    Support: [email protected]
    Thank You.

Rather than shutting down the old site, leave it up with nothing but the redirect to your new site. Otherwise anyone clicking on a link in an old post here will get a dreaded 404.
    Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

Really Nice and Helpful

My first order for a power supply went great. I asked for expedited shipping and after I missed their email, they called me to make sure it got out in time that day. I think they're great.
    www.signtorch.com

I bought my motors and drives, etc. from them. So far, they've been fine, though I haven't needed much help. I had a bit of a problem when I bought Mach3 from them, but it was a problem with MY email, not theirs; so nothing to hold against them there.

Gabriel

Automation Technologies Inc.

Great service, bought 3 Nema 23 stepper motors from them and I am located in the Caribbean, shipment was quick and painless. had a problem with 1 defective motor (Just a manufacturing defect) and they kept in contact with me and made sure the problem was rectified. I still continue doing business with them.

I somehow managed to snap off a motor shaft (my own fault) and the replacement came quickly. Still happy with the service.

Gabriel

I have made 3 purchases from them.

I boght three KL-5056D drivers, 35V Power Supply, the 3 Axis USB (Leafboy77) controller, the 300W DC spindle w/controller and their KL-6045 rig.

After two months of running, here is my opinion.

The stepper drivers are great. I had to tune them a bit.
    The spindle works wonderfully (for a 300W 9000RPM spindle). I am upgrading to the 2.2KW Water Cooled unit because the machine has proven to be very effective.
    The LeafBoy77 Controller is super. I have no complaints.

As for the 6045...

I'm glad I purchased it, but it needed a good amount of work.

Negatives:
    A complete tear-down and re-build was necessary with loc-tite.
    Due to the way they pre-loaded the bearings on the ball screw shaft, I had to re-tap their end caps and re-shim each shaft.
    The flexible cable track, and wire routing rendered the gantry axis almost useless. The track was un-supported and tended to bind up.
    Documentation is non-existent (for the machine). A simple manual that explained the motor wiring would have been nice.
    No Home/Limit switches, mounts for said switches, or available cable track space was included. I'm still working on this problem.
    I found it necessary to upgrade the cable carriers so that I could run coolant lines and additional home/limit switch lines. They kept the footprint of the machine smaller by burying some of this internally, I've added about 4" to one side and 4" to the top with new external carriers.

Positives:
    It's built like a tank (for a hobby cnc machine). They use 1/2 inch aluminum constuction for all parts. I do not understand why they skimped on the screws that needed re-tapping, and replacement.
    The machine is tight with little or no backlash. (once re-shimmed)
    Keling/Automation Technologies technical support was quick, and helpful.
    I am very happy with the results I got once the rebuild was done. I know I didnt pay $10,000 for a machine, so I expected some of the negatives.

Re: Automated Technologies Inc - Any dealt with them?

Avoid buying from automationtechnologiesinc.com
    2112 Stonington Ave, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
    Tel: 847-984-0882 8:00am to 5:00pm Central Time

Selling items as new but you'll end up getting used/refurbished stuff sometime... Very hard to communicate and very stubborn.
    If you are desperate then buy through ebay only (ID automationtechsinc) so you can post feedback if anything goes wrong.

Re: Automated Technologies Inc - Any dealt with them?

Hi Sir
    Pls contact me at 847-882-2208, We will help you.
    We are 100% support for our products we sell. We do not sell used/refurbished stuff
    Automation Technology Inc