587,006 active members*
3,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > How do I edit a Mastercam/Haas post processor so table finishes at position near door

How do I edit a Mastercam/Haas post processor so table finishes at position near door

Hi

Newbie question here... I have a Haas Mill, am running MC X5, with the generic Haas Mill post processor. What lines would I modify in the post processor to have the table end up fully forward and to the right, so my vise is in an easy to reach spot in front of the door to load/unload. Currently the table moves to home at x=0,y=0 which is fully to the front and fully to the left, under the tool carousel and is hard to reach.

Thanks

R

No idea which "generic Haas" post processor you are using or on which machine. You can edit a line similar to the following:

if nextop$ = 1003 | tlchg_home, pbld, n$, *sg28ref, "X0.", "Y0.", protretinc, e$

Remove the "X0." and the table will stay at whatever the last X location was. If that is not good enough for you, will take some additional editing.

Just modified our posts to put:
    G0 G90 G154 P99 X0 Y0

Just put that in right before the M30 and your table will go to that fixture offset position so you are not locked into a hard code table position. We do prototype machining so we are constantly changing our table positions. If you just move the table to where you want it to end and go to that fixture offset in the machine and hit the calc zero button on the controller it will set G154 P99 to that exactly location. Then when the machine reads that line it goes to that location and stops. Hope this helps. We use it on all of out machines. As far as getting it to post out, just get in the post search for where it puts the M30 in and insert that code just before it on a seperate line. Works like a charm.

Do it right on the machine. Insert G53 G00 X Y Z above the line with the M30 with the X Y Z coordinates for the location you want the table at.

To find the M30 just type M30 in EDIT mode and push the down cursor.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Or...since your last X location is generally on or near the part, a simple G28 G91 Y0. will move the table to the door with the part nearly centered.