586,094 active members*
3,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Hello Gents Arrow 500e problem

Hello Gents Arrow 500e problem

Hey gentlemen,

Ive used this site before troubleshooting but never actually got to log on for the companies Ive worked for.

I am having a issue with a CM Arrow 500e. It has a tool drum that is halfway between the limits. After setting the tool drum where it is unacknowledged the machine will reference. The mech jog button however doesnt work. Everything else seems to work. Is there a place in the I/O to see the button being pushed or do I need to go to the interface cards? Help would be greatful.

I have started my own CNC service business and these Arrows seem to throw me off.

Thanks for the help in advanced.

Any ideas?

I don't quite understand your problem. Is it a rotational problem, or a problem with parking the tool changer?

When you push any button on the pendent they lights and the buttons work.

The mech jog will ot work to send it back to park. I can make the switch to reference the machine but it will never let me go in to mech jog. Checked the pendent and it seems to be fine.

Is there a relay that isn't making or is the problem in something im doing or not doing?

Let's see, your charging your customer how much an hour?

My customer is well awae that I can't seem to find the problem and I am coming in to the problem 3 mechanics later. Just trying to get the machine up for him. Its been down for more than a year. Im probably not gonna make anything off this so held would be apprieciated. Thx again but if help isn't offered thx anyway john b.

hello
    please be more specific. which button are you pressing for mech jog?
    what does the display on the pendant show when the 'mech jog' button is pressed?
    regards
    mallardfizz

ps
    what is the schematic drawing number the machine is wired to? its the bottom number on the silver plate on the outside of the cabinet door.
    regards
    mallardfizz

Ill get the number when I get over there again. Thought I had it in my info. The display is showing the last thing that was pessed before pushing the mech jog button on the pendent. It doent show any faults or messages to tell that it had been pressed as if something was unaligned or if it had even been pressed.

The diagram number is 91203577

hello again.
    just a thought. after pressing the Mech Jog button try pressing 'MORE' on the pendant. also if you press any other one of the buttons with the white background then press 'Escape' then press 'Mech Jog' do you see the display change on the pendant. i have just realised that you probably have a pendant with descriptions printed on it. in the UK and the rest of the world we have 'ISO' pendants that have symbols instead of word decriptions below the buttons - thats why i asked what button you were pressing.
    regards
    mallardfizz

Ok got the rest of the story today for the machine.

The hard drive went out sometime ago and has been down ever since. The hard drive was replaced by the owner. He said that thhey sent him the wrong parameters for the machine. They were supposed to have a 16" axes length but had a 24" in it. Not sure what that has to do with the mech jog not working unless there is something turned off to let it acknowledge that it has something to jog. Ill get some pics up of the pendant.

The gentlemen that I worked with at ATS said that this can't be the real problem. That it just has something turned off. If the align, tool setup and other keys unction fine what would be the issue of this never wanting to be turned on?

hello
    i dont believe in coincedence so i think the hard drive could be the problem.
    is there an A4 folder with the machine? it is usually kept in the electrical cabinet and contains a floppy with the machine specific parameters backup files on it. please reply to my e-mail address [email protected]
    regards
    mallardfizz

The mech jog function may be disabled in the application.
    Send a copy of the machine data backup file to:
    [email protected]
    Might be able to edit it and reactivate the feature...