586,105 active members*
2,955 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OOPS!! I Really messed up.

Hello Group.

So close and yet so far away. I finished pouring my resin and it came out great, thanks to the groups help on product selection. I spent the rest of that day adjusting the bearings on the X,Y and Z axis and every thing looks plumb, square and straight.

In my rush to re wire my motors and driver board, I did the number one thing you should not do. I missed wired one motor and it Fried my board. (OUCH !)

I called the dealer I purchased it from and they no longer make my board. They suggested I look into the Gecko G540 4 axis driver.

I noticed an earlier post from Bob that mentioned the G540.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good board, easy to install, plug and play as it were. Will it work with my original power supply and motors.

Original equipment is Rockcliff V10 high performance 4 axis cnc motor driver,
    4- Nema 23 Bipolar 4 wire motors
    24 volt power supply.

Once again thanking you all in advance for your help and I will have to learn to slow down with this project.

Jerrywi

the g540 is a great system. It's both a BOB and driver. It's a great value and will handle double the voltage of your current power supply. You just can't beat the value you get with the g540. And yes, easy to wire with loads of support.

I don't think I've seen anything but positive comments on the G540
    I've also read they have a one time oops policy where they will fix or replace it once for free regardless of cause (you should confirm that yourself though).

I added a couple of little fans to cool the back of mine. It's supposed to run warm but I still got nervous I'm using a 10 amp 48 volt supply with the 381 oz motors.

One thing is I never got the charge pump to work properly (even after switching to a card that was supposed to support it). It runs fine with it turned off. (Using LinuxCNC)

I did the same thing and bought the G540. Best thing I did. Great device