586,043 active members*
3,752 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

One month old

Thanks everyone, for the help and tips, went from zero knowledge too, cad it cam it machine it. Ya well it machined it, but it was so cool to hit start again and have a second piece of scrap just like the first in a few minutes, when it took 8 hours for the first one, could of done it right manual in 1/2 hour. 150 hours on formaly new Tormach. Battle damage, 4 1/8 dremel bits, fried a ruffer, lost 3 drill bits, 2 holes in soft jaws, 1 drill point in new vise and in a rush mounted vise, didn't put pads down for vice clamps, 2 little nicks on bed, finger prints and grease marks all over, and chipped paint, saw dust every where. I still have to muddle through the Sprut and only simple stuff. But, now I have a CNC mill, 32" flat screen monitor, (hooked to a DVD player to watch cartoons on long runs)NOTE, Tormach said Dont hook up a TV. RotoZip mounted, Led digital RPM, works cnc or manual, pick up is on pulley.(You can glue the pick up on) Yes I did cut a .625x1.500 hole in the control panel. Tormach said it was ok, They make new panels. Now I know with in +- 10 RPMs of spindle speed and that it is running, it is auto shut off, so its always dark till spindle moves, and works as a load meter, when the RPMs drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-4renegade View Post
    Thanks everyone, for the help and tips, went from zero knowledge too, cad it cam it machine it. Ya well it machined it, but it was so cool to hit start again and have a second piece of scrap just like the first in a few minutes, when it took 8 hours for the first one, could of done it right manual in 1/2 hour. 150 hours on formaly new Tormach. Battle damage, 4 1/8 dremel bits, fried a ruffer, lost 3 drill bits, 2 holes in soft jaws, 1 drill point in new vise and in a rush mounted vise, didn't put pads down for vice clamps, 2 little nicks on bed, finger prints and grease marks all over, and chipped paint, saw dust every where. I still have to muddle through the Sprut and only simple stuff. But, now I have a CNC mill, 32" flat screen monitor, (hooked to a DVD player to watch cartoons on long runs)NOTE, Tormach said Dont hook up a TV. RotoZip mounted, Led digital RPM, works cnc or manual, pick up is on pulley.(You can glue the pick up on) Yes I did cut a .625x1.500 hole in the control panel. Tormach said it was ok, They make new panels. Now I know with in +- 10 RPMs of spindle speed and that it is running, it is auto shut off, so its always dark till spindle moves, and works as a load meter, when the RPMs drop.
    :cheers:OK, now that you've taken 8 hours to make the first part, that you could have done on a manual machine in half an hour, and used 4 dremel bits, fried a ruffer and drilled 2 holes in your soft jaws, and a drill point in your vise, how about show us your part.(group)
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

I can see I have a long time too learn this computer and CNC stuff. This forum is a first. Tormach told me about it. Had to learn what a thumb drive is. Main reason is cuz Im still dumber than a box of rocks, and havent firgured out how to load a pic, bought a new camera, havent figured it out. Im not signed up to You Tube. And well I really didnt want to seem really dumb, to ask you guys how, it just keeps asking for URL of image, http://. Like I know what that means. I had to get a new PC just to run the cad/cam. I only learned what an IPOD is this year. So when I say dumb things on here, for electronics is becouse I am. I wanted to post a part I did manualy long time ago to see if it is do able on the Tormach, with a 4th axis. couldnt load a pic so I gave up on that idea. Besides it only was an alum slip washers. (really not cool)