586,290 active members*
4,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Tree 310 Wiring - Won't Power Up

Tree 310 Wiring - Won't Power Up

Just bought a 310 with Dynapath 10 controller. When I picked up the machine it was under power and operating fine. Set it up in the shop with a phase converter, no problems. Single phase and triple phase volts all reading good.

The wiring box on the back is getting power to the contactors. The controller wiring box is getting some power, and the servo fans are coming on. But the LEDS on the controller itself are not coming on.

The spindle motor will not turn on, and the controller will not power on.

Something is keeping the contactors in the back wiring box from making a connection. I not sure what each of the contactors control, but when manually close them, I was able to get the spindle motor to fire up.

I'm really lost at this point and need some help. I also can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the machine

Check the cabinet door switches. If they aren't closed or pulled out to bypass mode, no power.

That was one of the first things I checked. The back wiring box has no switch that I can see. The controller wiring box has a switch, but with the door open or closed, no difference

You may have to do a bit of reverse engineering and trace where the controller is fed from, once you get the controller to come up, the others may follow?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I've been trying to reverse engineer and track wires for a week, with no luck. I have no numbered wiring diagram. The toggle switch on the controller seems to be getting 120 power to it, but the controller won't power on.

Check the power supply on the side of the card rack. Also, you need to make sure you put the mfg leg of your 3 phase on the line that does not power the control. It shows in the prints.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Check the power supply on the side of the card rack...
    Turned out my issue was a bad power supply. Got it repaired and re-installed and was able to get the controller and spindle to come up.

But now I have another issue that I'm having problems solving.

The controller goes through it start up and says Diagnostics Passed and then says Power Fail. See attached photo.

The manual says replace battery, which I did and still get the same error.

Weird thing is, if remove the battery and put it back in with the controller on, it comes on up.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to take the battery out every time I start up the machine