586,036 active members*
3,938 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > save operation defaults

save operation defaults

want to save my operation defaults and give them a new file name when i am in the control definition. you could do this in older versions but i see no way to do it in x5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails save_op_defaults_new_name.jpg  

Of course you know by now, I do not have X5. I would tackle this problem in Windows Explorer. Find the default file and make a copy. Rename the copy. Open it and edit it then save.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Of course you know by now, I do not have X5. I would tackle this problem in Windows Explorer. Find the default file and make a copy. Rename the copy. Open it and edit it then save.
    i wish you would upgrade. i think superman is right about X3. would like the old ability to edit and save operation defaults out of the control def because of how convenient it is.

If money keeps coming in like it was up until 2 weeks ago, I can afford it by the end of the year. Been stuck with this while. No money. Economy sucks.

You can save the whole .CONTROL file as another name using the icon that shows multiple floppies ( "Save as" ) ( on the top toolbar ), the single floppy is a "Save" icon.

There is no way to edit only the .DEFAULTS file(s), other than
    1) thru the Op manager --> "Files" area ( they open in their own mini op manager )
    or by
    2) opening the file directly with Mastercam ( you could rename .DEFAULT to .MCX-5 --- open the file like a normal session, do your edits, save & rename back to .DEFAULT ),
    3) It may be possible to double-click that filetype & associate it to the MastercamX executable (.EXE) file

IMO, going thru the op manager [ option 1) ] allows you greater choice of options. [ or if it works, option 3) ]

option 2) method is a long winded way to achieve what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    You can save the whole .CONTROL file as another name using the icon that shows multiple floppies ( "Save as" ) ( on the top toolbar ), the single floppy is a "Save" icon.

There is no way to edit only the .DEFAULTS file(s), other than
    1) thru the Op manager --> "Files" area ( they open in their own mini op manager )
    or by
    2) opening the file directly with Mastercam ( you could rename .DEFAULT to .MCX-5 --- open the file like a normal session, do your edits, save & rename back to .DEFAULT ),
    3) It may be possible to double-click that filetype & associate it to the MastercamX executable (.EXE) file

IMO, going thru the op manager [ option 1) ] allows you greater choice of options. [ or if it works, option 3) ]

option 2) method is a long winded way to achieve what you need.
    if i want to create and save operation defaults on the fly, which i do, i guess i got no choice but to save a new control definition. seems like a big step backwards to me from what it use to be. i'll shut up and suck it up now.