586,058 active members*
4,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ERROR 449 Cant reset machine

I have a VM-24 with CENTURION V 5.317 ACROLOOP V0254
    Machine has worked great and like a horse but now

Problem--Machine boots to 449 error and will not reset

Detailed explanation--Cable from cabinent to X-motor and limit switch had several chips embeded. This caused a random 407 fault. The fault would occur when moving in X- direction. I removed the section of cabling and repaired the connections (solder), verified connectivity with ohm meter on the repaired end back to the 14pin connector on the boards and the drive cards and all connections showed good. Turned machine back on and as soon as I reset the controller the x-axis rapid to the X- direction then faulted. Attempted to swap the TACH phase but to no avail. Replaced the encoder on the CUSTOM SERVO MOTOR and had the same problem. I began to look over the wiring in the motor on the wafer board with the terminal block where all the cabling from the cabinent terminates and noticed that the 24v+ and the ground appeared swapped (Red was to black and black was to red) I swapped those and rebooted, the motor did not rapid and tried to home, but X attempted and then errored. I then checked for breaks at the card cage in the 14 pin connectors, on the GLENTEK drive cards and tried to double check the terminal blocks inside the machine. Nothing appeared wrong. I went back to the motor and began swapping phasing on everything (NOT SURE WHY but I did) I swapped the ARMATURE S phase and T phase and went to reboot. THe machine then booted immediately into error 449, when I hit reset nothing. I swapped the S & T phases back, but I am still getting the ERROR 449 upon boot.

Hello any thoughts