586,121 active members*
3,147 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas MiniMill or Matsuura Tiger?
Page 3 of 3 123
    No problem. I thought it was a place to post opinions. I didn't realize is was a fraternity of Haas users. It's not necessary to go into all of the get a life stuff. Haas is the best machine is the world. Everyone should have them. I did not realize that the credibility of a post is determined by when it was written. It was just an opinion and I did not realize it was a Haas club or I would not have put this stuff up because it will fall on deaf ears. You are a little stalkerish though. Not sure why it mattters to you if I am wrong.

Well I'm calling it a day. Been here since 8 this morning. I netted close to two grand today because of my crappy Haas machines. How much money did you make today?

Quote Originally Posted by jreillycnc1 View Post
    No problem. I thought it was a place to post opinions......
    Facts would be more helpful. Do you own any Haas machines? Have you worked extensively on Haas machines?
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Just for the record, I never bashed haas. They have there place. It all depends on what you need in a machine. I'm converting a tm2 this week for something a little different. I wouldn't dream of doing this to one of our moris.

I don't own Haas machines. I have run them in the past. I saw this post when it was posted with the Matsura subject line and I did not realize it was the Haas fan club. It is easy to attack the person and make assumptions about motive but the content of my posts are not lacking merit. People can make money with any machine, so that in itself is not an argument that supports Haas' claim:

Every Haas VMC provides the features and performance you need – making it the best investment you've ever considered, and providing more utility, flexibility, and productivity than you've ever imagined.

It is easy to say, "I own them, so I know everything about them". I didn't just make this stuff up becuause I have some problem with Haas. For all you know I could have worked there and built them, so why not just focus on the content. I don't understand why a simple disagreement can't be spoken about while keeping focus on content.
    Say something that does not praise Haas and you are subjected to personal attacks. The website basically reads like a Political Campaingn.
    Really why the need to tell me you made money with the Haas machines. If the information I put in the post is wrong, why not point out how its wrong and make a counter-point. Why make it emotional and with blanket statements that these are not facts. What are not facts? The post asks a lot of questions.
    I made money today and you didn't sounds like my dad can beat your dad up.
    If you have so big of an emotional attachment to any machine, it may be wise to look at therapy because balance is important. (Thats a joke but why be so defensive). Talking about Haas must fall under politics and religion for some people. I have a right to my opinion and the opinon is that Haas is way oversold and the marketing is misleading. Opinion is not fact but if you want to argue about the facts we can do so because I feel confident about my knowledge of what the most productive companies use. I don't presume that one product is the best fit for all, even if it pays my bills. Lets start with the first picture in a Haas brochure that I shows the actual casting. What size machine do you think is? Do you think this is the casting of a VF5 or smaller? Do you think they want you to think this is the basic casting. Why is it taken at an angle. I will go onto another forum but if you want to argue the facts, I will be glad to do so in a civil manner and I won't need to personally attack you or guess that you were intoxicated when writing a post.

Also, just for the record there are Moris, Okuma's, Makino's and others netting a whole lot more than 2k today while the lights are out and the owner is enjoying his Sunday other than in the shop and nobody said they were crappy except you.
    That is a fact and not an opinion.
    Actually Haas is making money as well off of their Mori machines as we speak.

I wonder if he got that machine.

Quote Originally Posted by double a-ron View Post
    Well I'm calling it a day. Been here since 8 this morning. I netted close to two grand today because of my crappy Haas machines. How much money did you make today?
    Just think how much money you lost today. If you had one of expensive Mori's you could have made eight grand on that same job! What a shame! You're just throwing your money away.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

To be honest I have never in my life looked at the techinicle side of a machine. its not really needed for a job shop.
    Fact is the ONLY reason I Looked at a haas was do to a vid geof posted. they had a demo going on a 5th axis that week and I needed to get out of the shop. was talking to some friends I had seen in a while and wife was writing a deposit check on the machine. needed a tax write-off

Page 3 of 3 123