586,069 active members*
3,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Chinese Laser question (Bad Board?)

I have a cheap Chinese 40 watt laser engraver and it was working OK. We must have had a lighting strike close by because I lost 2 PC’s and a tv receiver. One of the PC’s was connected to the laser engraver and now that I have replaced the PC it does not work. The unit will come on and go to the home position and when I push the laser test button the laser does come on and burn a dot the power meter works and all of that. The problem or I guess the questions would be when I plug in the USB cable to the unit it does nothing and I think that it did have a LED on the control board that came on. Could someone verify that for me please? I have installed the software Moshi Draw twice and the dongle is recognized but it does nothing when I connect the USB Cable to the engraver. If anyone has any ideas or knows where I could possibly get another board please let me know.
    Thanks

gweike laser

Hi,
    Maybe the problem is with the USB cable ,if you need exact help from us,please take a video with the questions and some pictures,send to my mail address [email protected] ,you know Y-tube can't open in China mainland ,then our engineer can find out the real problem and help you

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by blairgr View Post
    I have a cheap Chinese 40 watt laser engraver and it was working OK. We must have had a lighting strike close by because I lost 2 PC’s and a tv receiver. One of the PC’s was connected to the laser engraver and now that I have replaced the PC it does not work. The unit will come on and go to the home position and when I push the laser test button the laser does come on and burn a dot the power meter works and all of that. The problem or I guess the questions would be when I plug in the USB cable to the unit it does nothing and I think that it did have a LED on the control board that came on. Could someone verify that for me please? I have installed the software Moshi Draw twice and the dongle is recognized but it does nothing when I connect the USB Cable to the engraver. If anyone has any ideas or knows where I could possibly get another board please let me know.
    Thanks

I tried a new cable but that did not work. Here is a picture of the board. It had I think 3 LED's that would come on but now nothing comes on when plugged in. Like I said it will go to the home position when you return on the power but nothing after that. The power supply seems to work OK.
    Any Suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Board.jpg  

problem

then now your questions is when you connect usb cable,then the machine without any change,also without light,but if restart the machine ,then the laser head go back to home position,then nothing happen?but laser power seems ok?
    Is this right? we need to confirm then try to find the solution?

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

I tried a new cable but that did not work. Here is a picture of the board. It had I think 3 LED's that would come on but now nothing comes on when plugged in. Like I said it will go to the home position when you return on the power but nothing after that. The power supply seems to work OK.
    Any Suggestions?

one possible thing

Hi,
    our engineer said if restart machine ,it can go to home position,it proves that the board without problem,he suggest you change another laptop,,cause he said that is interference is too big,the solution is maybe you can try to connect a groudwire, or you can ask your manufacture to get some better solutions ,hope this can help you

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Any Suggestions?

That's not the question of mainboard, that's the setting problem, look at the mainboard, laser is 100% or not?

I have tried 3 different computers (all Desktops) 2 different USB cables. I have gone through the MoshiDraw setup directions several times and set everything up. It does see the micro dog dongle when installed. When you connect the USB cable to the unit it does nothing. I believe it would normally say something like new hardware found. When you output something from the software to the machine you get an error “Machine is not open/connected or is busy! Return and open the machine”. You can hit the test button on the control panel on the machine and the laser does come on and appears to work or at least it will burn a hole in the wood. It will find the home position when turned on. The water pump and fans work. It just does not communicate with the PC! So I guess my main question is where can I find a replacement board for this unit or what would be a good alternative board/setup to repair or replace in the unit. I just basically want to be able to etch pictures with this machine. I have only had it about 2 months and it might have been ran 2 or 3 hour total if that long.

Thanks

I believe I may have the same machine as yourself. My power supply quit about two months after I received the unit. I E-mailed the supplier and within 3 weeks I had a brand new power supply. My unit is said to have a 2 year warranty. It is hard to say if it is the main board or the dongle. Install the proram on a second computer and do not hook it up to the laser machine. Run the program after setting it up and see if it tells you that you need the dongle in order to use the program...quit the program and then put the dongle in the usb port. With the dongle in, it should allow the Moshi program to run on the computer not hooked up to the laser. That would at least eliminate the dongle as the cause. I saw these boards for sale at one time, do not remember where though. I will continue looking..it may have been somithing like alibaba or one of those type sites

Milt

The place I bought mine list them as giving a 3 year warranty so I have sent them an email to see what they will do. The told me the machine would arrive in 2 weeks and after 40 days I filed a report and then they shipped it so I will not hold my breath but just wait and see.

The laser device is when to buy?What is the brand?

I bought it from this company 40 watt CO2 LASER CNC ROUTER ENGRAVING and CUTTING MACHINE and I would not recommend them. Very poor communication will not return emails.

I don't think warranty will cover damage due to lightning strike. If the computer was toast then chances are something has blown on the laser driver board as well. Could be the USB interface chip.

I agree. I would buy a new board if I could get the answers to questions like how much is a new board and do you have them in stock. I don't think that would be to much to ask.

Depending on how much money you have it might be worth buying a DSP board so you can run Laserscript 5.3. Much better than Moshidraw. They cost around $500 from China. With this you can do both engraving and cutting from one file.

I can confirm these boards don't like anything other than 32bit Windows XP operating systems. I have gotten them to work against their will using everything including 64bit Win 7 but you have to manually load every last driver and the systems are unstable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If you can remove the board and post or PM me with a detailed pic I can see if it is similar to the one I have on hand. Also on the bottom of my board was the website who sold it. I'm not at home so I don't have access to it right now. I have a new one with dongle and correct drivers but for a reasonable offer and a chance to help someone out I'd part with it

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    Depending on how much money you have it might be worth buying a DSP board so you can run Laserscript 5.3. Much better than Moshidraw. They cost around $500 from China. With this you can do both engraving and cutting from one file.
    I can concur that almost any board based off the ADSP family of processors, although pricey, will offer outstanding performance.

make a try with shortening ( ignoring the function ) of the cover switch..
    might sounds a strande advice, but just try.

I never touch such as your type laser, but hope it has such a cover switch, and i am assuming this one is as same as any other used in Chinese laser's assembly. This white small part ( two white pieces actualy ) may be "able" the user to never understand what is realy going on when the light is expected but still does not appearing.

I have seen a version 4.0 of the MS10105 board on Alibaba, the bad part is the price w/shipping......$258.00. Not worth the money.

Milt

My bad....it is Aliexpress....still alot of money for a PCB.

Page 1 of 2 12