587,047 active members*
2,695 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Mazatrol T-1 QT20 ?'s Please help

Im new at the controls of this old girl and have been having a few problems.

Firstly with grooves: I wanted to put an o/d groove right next to where a taper finished today, no radius's on top or bottom, 5mm wide with a 4mm grooving tool, simple enough i thought. But when part was complete it was apparent that the groove had turned about 1mm into the taper in the 'z''positive direction, and the program was very specific, in that the start point of the groove was from the finish point of the taper. Is this something I can change in the parameters?

Second with grooves: Is there an easy way to program a tapered groove? eg; A 15 degree angle down to the starting point of the groove, a radius to break the edge, and then into the groove?

Third: Does anyone have a list of the parameters on a Mazatrol T-1 controller and a description of what they do? I have the operation manual but it is very vague in it's details of what some parameters do.

Params

Your electrical circuit diagram book should have a default list if you do not have the actual machine params. They will get you in the ball park, but unless you can get the serial number specific params, the rest is up to you. Good luck too. I have been trying to get some T-1 stuff from Mazak, but have been getting nowhere.

don't forget this was a mitsubishi control, and the early mazatrol didn't really differ from the original. A lot of machine makers used this hardware including Leadwell and Traub for example. Maybe you can get an operators manual for one of these machines.

Quote Originally Posted by halfafinger View Post
    Third: Does anyone have a list of the parameters on a Mazatrol T-1 controller and a description of what they do? I have the operation manual but it is very vague in it's details of what some parameters do.
    I believe I have a definition list of the parameters I could scan in if you want to PM me an email address.
    With the exception of the OP para which are options.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Mazak groove

The cause of groove being 1mm off might be caused by having nose rad on tool in TOOL Data

I usually use groove type "0"groove cycle, for 5mm groove with 4mm tool do 2 grooves with -1mm pitch. for instance if start of groove is 20 mm from Z0, finish side is 25mm, I would programme start point and finish point Z is 25.

If I need to radius OD corners I use BAR OUT(inverted). cut point Z 23, LIN to 24 with finish Rad of (eg)1. Lin minor size of grv to Z24.5

BAR OUT(inverted)CUT point Z 26. Lin to Z25 with finish rad 1. LIN to minor diameter of groove to Z24.5

This way of doing groove takes more programming but is much faster.

put tool shape "0" for grv tool and no corner rad.

You can use BAR OUT for doing taper down to groove as above, but I would plunge groove first.

If you did not get list of parameters I could send them as attachment if you send your email address.
    [email protected]

I think that the OP parameters are the same on all my machines. Do you know how to enter them ?.

There are 8 digits of "0" or "1". If for instance there are 2 "1" on line type 2 as 9th digit, if 3 "1" on line type 3 as 9th digit.( I hope you know what I mean)

Mazak T1

Hi murphyc1

Did you ever find out how to change the OP parameters in T1 control system?

I cant seem to change mine

Cheers Andrew

Mazak OP Parameters

Hi Andycnc

If you have eg 3 of 1s (00010110) you type in 000101103 enter, if 2 of 1s type 2 at end.

Regards

murphyc1

Hi Murphyc1

Brilliant! That worked perfectly, thanks so much for your help. Im thinking maybe there is more wrong with my T1 QT10 now as the Z and X axis show position of *******. It also seems i have lost my programs, would you have any idea what i should do from here?

Thanks Andrew

How to get rid of ***** rubbish on Mazak

Hi Andrew, I hope the following is of help.

to clear all rubbush on T1
    Press MENU key. Press Param. press PAGE, bring cursor to OP12, press
    111111118 IMPUT
    Power off/on

To clear tool data
    Press MENU key
    Press T-Data
    Press 8th button from left
    press CLEAR key

To clear "Tool set"
    Press menu key
    Press T-SET
    Press 9th key from left
    Press CLEAR key

To clear cutting conditions
    Press MENU key
    Press C-COND
    Press 9th button from left
    Press CLEAR key

To clear "Programme"
    Press MENU
    press PROG
    press ALL ERASE
    press INPUT

To clear parameters
    press MENU key
    press PARAM
    press 8th button from left
    press CLEAR key
    press PAGE menu
    press 8th key
    press CLEAR key

To load all information
    bring cursor to A7
    press 16 then INPUT to set baud rate
    bring cursor to OP2 and press
    000000101 then INPUT (to set CMT available

Power off/on

If you have CMT or micro disk or Griffo with info on it, connect to machine.
    Press MENU
    press DATA IN OUT
    press DATA IN
    press 123456
    press INPUT
    the CMT will load all information

otherwise you will have to load it manually.

to load parameters OP1/16, there are 8 digits 0 or 1, if there are 2 "1" on line type 2 as 9th digit etc

Hi Murphyc1,

Thanks for the info it has been a great help. I am self taught on my QT10 T1 and until now i have made use of the tool set data from the previous owner. Now i had to clear that from the ***** problem i have lost that, any chance you could inform me on the best way to set the tools again??

Thanks again for your help

Regards Andrew

QT 20 help

In tool data, if you have 80 deg tool is shape 1, 60 deg is shape 2, 55 deg is shape 3, 35 deg is shape 4. put corner rad .8 or .4 etc. CW for spindle clockwise, CCw or counter clockwise.

For tool setting machine diameter eg 50mm, got to tool number eg 1 type X 50,teach Enter, touch face with tool and teach Enter.

I will have to look at machine on Monday for cutting conditions etc.

Do you have square turret with tool numbers 11,12,13,14,21,22,23,24 etc or disc turret with tools 1 to 8?.

I am not sure if that is what you need, please let me know and I will try to help.

Thanks

Yes thats great info, i will try and program the tools over the next few days. I have the disc/drum type turret with tool no's 1-8. Would you have any idea where to find the batteries? Im thinking i should really replace those

Regards Andrew

Mazak T1 help

The batteries are connected to CPU in grey cabinet near floor. the batteries are 3 AA connected in series, leave machine powered up when changing. I cut cable and put spade connecters on it.

I have tried to find the batteries but cant seem to locate them. I checked under the numerical control unit at the back of machine(also taken the cover off) and also in the spindle drive cabinet. Im guessing they will look like standard AA's ??

Thanks Andrew

Mazak T1 help

If you open grey door at rear of machine, you will see a large plate with CONTROL UNIT on it, there is a hole about 50mm diameter in this plate, in this hole you can see plug with black and red wires, the battery pack is connected to this. If you take off plate you can see clearer.

Thanks i have now found the battery pack, certainly easy to track down when you know what to look for . The original pack says 0.6volt 500mah, do i need to replace with exact specification? or will standard AA's do?

Thanks Andrew

Mazak T1 help

does it not say 3.6 volts ?. I use 3 of standard rechargeble AA connected in series which gives 3.6 volts.

If you need any more info on cutting conditions, settings please let me know.

You will be correct about voltage as most of the 3 had come off and i guessed it was a 0. Have replaced batteries and machine starting up great now, will try and get cutting condition sorted. Will let you no if i get stuck, thanks again for all of your help

Regards Andrew

Hi Murphyc1

Im about to set tool cutting conditions and im not to sure about tool compensation X and Z (ie, what number to enter) I know my tip radius and other related questions on screen. Any help really appreciated thanks

Regards Andrew

Mazak X Z comp

X and Z are all 0, I think that on earlier Mazak it was used instead of offset compensation on "measure" screen.
    Lifetime is 9999 :9 :9

Page 1 of 2 12