586,062 active members*
4,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Need MC 9.0 Post for 1998 AXYZ Millenium

Need MC 9.0 Post for 1998 AXYZ Millenium

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, an MC9.0 post for a 1998 AXYZ Millenium?

Thanks in advance!

What is different about AXYZ from standard Fanuc (MPFAN)?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    What is different about AXYZ from standard Fanuc (MPFAN)?
    Thanks for the response... I wish I knew the difference. I'm pretty new to all of this.

Why do I get so many errors when I use this post?

What errors? If you need help with a post processor, the best way is to attach a copy of the post processor you are using, a copy of the generated code as it is currently, and an edited copy of the code the way you want it to be. Then someone will usually step up to help you edit the post processor to get the results desired.

What errors? If you need help with a post processor, the best way is to attach a copy of the post processor you are using, a copy of the generated code as it is currently, and an edited copy of the code the way you want it to be. Then someone will usually step up to help you edit the post processor to get the results desired.
    Attached is the post I am trying to use. MC 9.0 won't generate code using this post or any of the AXYZ posts I've tried. It just keeps coming up with errors like invalid $ to the left of the equation, Expecting an argument at lines 134 to 141, etc. I can fix the $ issue but I have no idea which arguments it's looking for.

This is my first shot at this. I am not a programmer. I can't get any code out of Mastercam to look at or even edit, because of the errors. I'm most likely in over my head with this.

http://www.mastercam.com/TeachersStu...OUTER%20X5.ZIP

Seems the post you used is for X5, not 9. Might not make a difference, but it probably does in this case.

Ok. Maybe you did not understand. Open MasterCam. Set Machine Type to Default Router. Check the Post Processor for this machine. Should be MPROUTER.PST. Create some geometry. Create some tool paths. Post the code. Look at the code and see what changes need to be made for it to operate on your AXYZ router. Save the code file with a new file name and make those changes and save that file. Upload (attach) the PST file, and both code files to this thread. Wait for someone to respond with assistance.

Seems the post you used is for X5, not 9. Might not make a difference, but it probably does in this case.
    I haven't found a post specifically for 9.0.

Look at the code and see what changes need to be made for it to operate on your AXYZ router.
    I wouldn't be able to tell what changes, if any, needed to be made.

I am a complete novice as I'm just getting started.

Here's the post and the errors. How do I fix the errors? What arguments is it looking for? I can write and NCI but when I go to convert it to NC I get nothing but errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could not determine the nature of the errors from your files. You can try to comment out the apparent offending lines with the # and rerun it and see what happens. I still recommend you abandon the AXYZ post processor for now and try the generic router control with the generic Fanuc post processor.

Sharp, send me a PM with an email address. I might be able to help you. I just don't know how to upload things here.