586,036 active members*
3,654 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser engraving and cutting machine - software help!

Hy everyone,
    I'm sory if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum but i don't have time for more search and i'm really desperate with a problem: i have a Laser Engraving and cutting machine that came with a very simple software to use it. This machine can cut through acrylic material with a maxim of 20mm thickness. The problem is that the software don't let me to cut more than 3 or 4 mm but the machine CAN CUT 20mm!!! Does anyone here have a better software for this kind of machine? Some links with this kind of softwares can help me too...please help me, i'm desperate .

Thank you and i'm sorry if this mesage is in the wrong place.

How thick of a material you can cut is a function of the power of your laser and how fast you move, what material you are cutting and it's reflecivity to a degree.

The software isn't going to turn your 4mm machine into a 2cm machine.

To do that you need to have more power, "softer" material, less reflecivity, slower feed, etc.

Far as I know software will not give you more watts unless you have some sort of software lock to enable some function or wattage range. Never heard of that on a laser engraver though.

Hmmm

My laser machine CAN CUT 2cm - this i'm shure!
    The problem is that i can't find the wright settings to cut through!
    Anyway thank you for youre reply

Yesss

Hey i've don it - i cut my 2cm material!!!!
    I'm so happy
    It's all about the speed!!!

hamleet how about you share with us what your machine is what software you are using and what settings you used in the end.

That way if anyone has the same problem in the future and searches the forum they will find the answer.

Thanks,

Ben

:)

Machine: ZTDQ 12090 Laser Engraving and Cutting Machine
    Software: Laser Cut
    Settings for cutting 2cm acrylic material:
    SPEED - 1.0 (that is minimum)
    POWER (for cutting) - 80 (that is maximum)
    MIN-POWER - 50 (optional)

That is all you need to know to cut 2cm acrylic on this machine.
    Ofcource - calibrating the laser mirrors is a great and loooong job to do

LinkMotion for Leetro MPC6515 controller

Hamleet, if you are using Laser Cut, there is a good chance you might be suing Leetro 6515 controller.

We just implemented LinkMotion to work with Leetro controller. Our introductory price is only $399 plus shipping.

Check your model number of the controller. We offer support and complete manual for you to configure the system proeprly.

Let us know if we can help.

Dhiren Shah
    Solustan, Inc.
    www.Solustan.com
    www.LinkMotion.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hamleet View Post
    hi :
    i can help you to let your laser machine to cut 20mm one time.you can let the cut speed at 0.5mm/s,the laser power at 98%, and then your laser machine can cut 20mm in one time .
    thanks a lot.
    we are a laser machine'sproductor named JINAN GUANGHAN LASER EQUIPMENT FACTORY and our URL is www.jnghlaser.com or www.ghlaser.com
    if you have some matter with the laser machine ,you can tell me in e-mail.our e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected]
    it's nice to meet you !
    yours light

Smile i can help you

Quote Originally Posted by hamleet View Post
    hi :
    i can help you to let your laser machine to cut 20mm one time.you can let the cut speed at 0.5mm/s,the laser power at 98%, and then your laser machine can cut 20mm in one time .
    thanks a lot.
    we are a laser machine'sproductor named JINAN GUANGHAN LASER EQUIPMENT FACTORY and our URL is www.jnghlaser.com or www.ghlaser.com
    if you have some matter with the laser machine ,you can tell me in e-mail.our e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected]
    it's nice to meet you !
    yours light
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3050.jpg   blue photo.jpg   40t.jpg