586,103 active members*
3,300 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TC4 Knockout Problem

Hi, I just acquired a BP TC4 and I think there is a problem with the knockout system. A tool stuck in the spindle during a tool change and borke one of the plastic segments. I physically held a tool in the spindle and hit the manual tool release button a few times and I can not feel or see any movement in the tool when the drawbar is fully depressed. Is there supposed to be? All my other machines - different makes - cinnci, fadal etc. all push the tool down a bit at the end of the drawbar stroke. I pulled the cover of the spindle and it looks like the knockout adjustment is set properly and I have been told I have the correct pull studs. US Shop tools B40-4500S.
    Any info would be a great help! Thanks!

PS Air pressure reg. is set to 80 psi as the tag on the machine indicates

Make sure cylinder is working fine - air leakage / worn out O-ring?
    Then positioned a die indicator on the bottom side of tool, adjust the screw/nut of the cylinder to get a 20-30um of knock out. When you manually hit the tool clamp/unclamp button, tool should be mechanically pushed out of the spindle by that range.

Help

I need your help the hard disk from my BP TC4 failed and i don't have an a back up.

will you please give me a back up of the entire system for mounting an another hard disk :violin:

thanks