586,108 active members*
3,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mirrored text

Is there a setting or something to do or change. Tried engraving some text on a round part in the rotary it was programed with gibbs and rendered correctly but the actual engraving was mirrored on the part when milled. The 4th axis mirror setting is in the off position. I would think if it rendered right it should mill right?

Quote Originally Posted by 9wleadfoot View Post
    Is there a setting or something to do or change. Tried engraving some text on a round part in the rotary it was programed with gibbs and rendered correctly but the actual engraving was mirrored on the part when milled. The 4th axis mirror setting is in the off position. I would think if it rendered right it should mill right?
    Sounds like the rotary should be going the opposite direction. Like A- instead of A+ or visa-verse. Just change that.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

YEs your rotary is on the wrong way round, all our machines are the same and it took 10 years to notice. Like you it was when we did some rotary engraving.

The fix.

Go into setting 43 A axis and change

REV ENCODER to 0 (or 1)
    REV POWER to 0 (or 1 )

uou will have to put the emergency stop in and I can't remember if you have to switch the paramater lock off or not but you will soon work it out.

Graeme