586,103 active members*
2,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Pete's Cincinatti arrow 500 Adventure
Page 40 of 56 30383940414250

Chivo....

Hey man nice to meetya! Glad to see another Cincinatti Arrow 500 owner responding. Honestly I appreciate your information but when I looked at the website it does not appear that they have a set that will fit the 22mm to 19mm conversion I am needing. I am sure they are available out there somewhere but so far I have not been actively looking as I am trying to wrap my head around the computer setup and where I am going to mount all of this stuff. I have been working on it some more today in between playing with my kids and eating Thanksgiving goodies over here. I am going to remove the Y motor today and try to figure out how to remove the X axis wires from the wire chain loom without too much drama.

I spoke with the folks at DMM yesterday and we talked about this conversion and their motors for some time over the phone. They were very helpful and it seems like their 1.5kw motor set should work fine for all three axis of my machine. They are apparently underrated somewhat and speaking with them answered a lot of questions about how this all goes together. Most importantly the wiring of their setup seems to be able to use some db9 premade cables instead of all of the soldering on the parallel port type setups. It sounds also like the motors come with a tentative tune setup that should make my end tuning a little easier. That and the price is the most reasonable I have found. From what they said they sell a lot of these 130mm motors to companies that make some sort of machine or similar and they are just now seeing sales that go to guys like me doing their own retrofit. Not decided on going with them just yet but after that long conversation and their helpfulness over the phone and patience with what I would call a million questions I feel a lot better about buying from them. We shall see what I end up with.

I am hoping to get all of the motors removed from the machine this week and finally have the complete package of items that I will sell ready to ship to whatever buyer steps forward. I have a couple people interested and then there is always ebay if not. Hoping to be able to pay for some of this new stuff with the old stuff....

It is getting pretty cold here today it was down to 20 degrees in the morning. Having to crank the heater a bit out in the shop to keep it comfortable. No biggie tho the forced air kerosene monster does it's job well. It actually shuts off for prolonged periods now with the new garage doors and whatnot. Oh well gotta get back out there now and get to work. This machine is not going to retrofit itself after all. LOL peace

Pete

Okay some more progress.....

I was able to get some more work done on the machine today and pulled that cover off the back of the machine. I cleaned out the cavity and was able to get a better look at the setup for the wire loom chain. I still have not been able to figure out how it comes apart but I am honestly spending more time cleaning the areas I am exposing than anything else. It appears that installing the motors and cables should be pretty simple once I figure out how this cable chain comes apart. I am attaching some pictures of it for you guys to see hopefully one of you knows how to take it apart. Peace

pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20121125_183911.jpg   IMG_20121125_183921.jpg  

well....

Got home today expecting my RAM memory to be here and found out that the UPS dude delivered it today but it is nowhere to be found. Pretty bummed out about this. Called UPS and newegg and they are starting an investigation but dunno how long and what will happen with it. Gonna try to find another source for the ram and get it ordered so I can finally put together this computer....Kinda pissed off now, going to bed. Peace

Pete

what the hell?

Been trying to post here for two days now from my laptop and it keeps saying sorry we do not support your browser when I try to post. it is REALLY annoying. I updated my browser and cleaned out my cache etc and still no dice... any suggestions? peace

Pete

Pete,
    Obviously, you got in this time!
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

nope.....

using my smartphone instead. still cannot on laptop. sucks....

I had the same problem too. I think they have installed the easyjquery antispam that has caused the login problem for a few people. I'm using Firefox with a few addons and I finally found out that a setting in one of my add-ons (RefControl) was the issue at my end.

OOOhhh man

... I am getting pretty pissed off here. I have tried everything to get my browser setup so I can post again and have had NO LUCK. This may just be the last post I ever make on the zone between the neverending ads clicking and now this crap I am really about over it. I kust have made a million posts here by now and I dunno what the hell is wrong here. I updated firefox and cleared my cache even ran my spy software and rebooted several times with no luck. I will not post here only on my cell phone that is for sure.....what the hell....????

Pete

Ya. I just had the same issue an hour ago on this web site. I learned from past experience with other sites, that I can just hit refresh on the page and it will often let me in. Hope it works for you. Best wishes.

I've been trying to post all day to with no luck - Firefox
    Okay..... Now it's working.

Richard

Still not working on my laptop and I have tried refreshing and anything else I could think of. Firefox and whatever else I got on here is apparently NOT supported by this website any longer. Really thinking about moving this thread over to the Linux CNC forum after all the headaches around here. I'm goin ta bed now. Tomorrow will see if I still cannot post I will probably start a build thread over there.....peace

Pete

I don't think it is firefox. I have been using it for years and never an issue.
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

Pete,

I've been using Google's Chrome browser. One of the many nice things about it is that you can attach apps to it. Which means that not only can I play Angry Birds, with the Ad zapper I never see pop ups or the ads listed between post.

Keep at it.

Right after I installed the Firefox update yesterday, I couldn't post either for awhile. It then started magically working again. It had never done before the FF update though.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by kregan View Post
    I don't think it is firefox. I have been using it for years and never an issue.

Pete, maybe the update of firefox is your fault. I found out (for me) that the version 12 is much more stable than the followings. The 16 is nice with the hotkeys, but some sites don't work.

test....

test...

"ing 123....." Seems to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete from TN View Post
    test...

FINALLY>>>>>

Well guys it has been a trying weekend around here. The issues with this forum for me were just the least of it. I Finally had a chance to really look into it and after a couple hours of messing with it with no luck I decided to try to do something drastic. I did a system restore to a point a couple weeks ago and after rebooting and then having to reload firefox I got it to work. Understand that I did NOTHING to my system when this happened. I only updated my firefox browser to their latest offering when the error message I was getting told me I had to for it to work again which it did not. Dunno if this was some change that the ZONE instituted that just bugged out on my end or if it was something else beyond my control but either way it was a real pain in the ass.

In spite of that issue, I was able to get some work done this weekend even having had to work on Saturday at work. I have been pondering how I want to install the PC and the mesa cards into the electronics enclosure and I came up with an idea to repurpose a large metal sub enclosure that originally came off the top of the tall enclosure in back of the machine. It seemed like the perfect box to both house the PC,power supply,hard drive, etc. So today after talking it over a bit with my pal Art I decided I wanted it to mount sideways with the open end towards the left side of the enclosure and the 7I77 card on the outside of this box where it will be basically hovering over the axis drives and the spindle drive. Should make for a bunch of short tidy runs of wires from the card to the drives etc. Also the power inputs for the computer as well as all of the drives and other stuff will be coming into the machine as it was originally at the very top left of the enclosure down into the machine. That way some of the original relays and the large main contactor switch can be re-used on the new setup.

So in short here is some pictures of the NEW control enclosure sub cabinet. You can see the new Intel Atom board and the power supply which is still not attached as I have to cut a hole for the power chord and the switch to stick thru. The mother board is already drilled and tapped and the standoffs are all installed and the solid state hard drive is permanently mounted. Basically the mesa 5I25 card will go into the PCI slot and the large cable will go from it to the 7I77 card which will be mounted on the outside of this box which will HOPEFULLY isolate the computer and stuff from any noise from the drives etc. Here are some pics of the progress. I know it is not much but I did not have a lot of time really. Our Christmas tree is looking real nice tho LOL... peace

Pete

Well surprise surprise... I am now getting an internal server error when I try to upload the pictures. Man I have never had so much trouble from a website before......

No pictures were attached or shown Pete.

Richard

Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    No pictures were attached or shown Pete.

Richard
    Now I am getting an internal server error whenever I try to post pics. Man I have never had so much trouble from one website before. SERIOUSLY thinking about moving this thread over to the Linuxcnc main forum....peace

Pete

Page 40 of 56 30383940414250