586,060 active members*
4,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > K2CNC > K2 3925 help needed. Losing Z axis height?

K2 3925 help needed. Losing Z axis height?

Hi everyone,
    I've been using a K2 3925 for the last 18months and it has been working well until recently. I'm losing height on the Z axis when running programs i.e at the end of an operation the router will have raised by as much as 4mm from the start of the operation? I've sent an email to K2 but need to solve this problem ASAP. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cerk.

Have you checked to verify that your pulleys aren't slipping?

checked your router mounting

checked your router mounting screws it could be loose and router move

I am having a similar issue losing my z. I use a KG2525 about 30 hours a week mostly in wood and plastic. Normally the z axis motor is locked in place during operation. At irregular intervals the z axis motor seems to let loose and draws its self in to my work. When this happens the head can be lifted or dropped by hand either by turning the screw or simply pushing on the head. When this happens the z axis motor turns freely and shows no coordinate change in the program even though the mill may have dropped six inches. I have cleaned all of the connections between the z axis motor and the controller, this seems to fix the problem for a brief time but will ultimately happen again. Any suggestions?