586,075 active members*
3,919 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Mini Lathe > sherline/deskcnc threading issue

sherline/deskcnc threading issue

Hello I'm having some issue with threading and could use some advice.

As of now threading is really inconsistent. Some good some mangled and really no clue to as to why. I'm running a sherline cnc with deskcnc and the clgg for thread coding.

I've checked all the normal stuff(backlash, gibs, set screws, ect) and still no luck. I just got done running 10 parts and 2 came out with correct threads the rest just mangled. The cutter keeps making new paths each time.

After doing a good one then a bad one back to back I noticed that on the good one the cutter started right after the jog with very little delay but the bad thread it took a good 3sec before making another pass. Could that be the issue? What might cause something like that? Also i swapped out encoders and that didnt change anything. Thanks for your time.

Well I think I have it solved. I changed the DIP on the back of encoder to 250 from 500 and changed the encoder CPR to -1000 from -2000.

I was hoping that by lowering the counts per revolution that the signal is given more time or something? Still very new to all this so I'm probably completely wrong but so far its working constantly.