586,089 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie Need Help

Hey, I am new to the cnc world. I am trying to run a VMC Tree 1050 VPS with Yasnac MX3 control. I have been tinkering with this thing for a couple of days and figured out how to turn it on, zero it out, type in a program and edit old ones, complete tool changes, and offset each tool.

I am not sure how to pull up the program and actually run it.

I think this is the last thing that I need to figure out before I can start running this machine. I have read the manual and understand pretty much how this thing works. I just didnt see a section on how to exactly pull up a program and run it.

any and all advise would be helpful, thanks

actually it is a zps not a vps.

According to this manual, check out sections 19.2 (starting a program)

I'm assuming you have a RS 232 connection? Chapter 15 page 19 details that.

yea i do have that connection but it is not working, that is going to be my next adventure, trying to get that working. so i typed in the code for this particular part in by hand. i can look at it in the directory, but when i punch the number into the program and hit cycle run it doesent run? and i only have the zps manual, there is another one that is missing. i dont think i have the one you described.

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmcontrol.nsf/link2/TKUR-5EKM6J/$file/TOE-C843-9.32C.pdf

Does that help you?

i just read that section 19.2 real quick, im still unsure of what exactly i am doing wrong, for the cnc to not even start at all.

I've never dealt with these controllers and I don't know your particular circumstance so the best advice I can offer is keep reading and trying. It is probably something so simple you'll smack yourself in the head when you figure it out, some sort of interlock triggered preventing it from running due to an open cabinet door or something. Then again it might be a more complex issue, but reading and determination will solve it!

well thanks for the advise, i will keep working at it. will let you know if i figure anything out.

If you want better advice I'd advise you to put a bit more detail into the trouble you're having. Does it give any sort of error, does anything happen once you hit run?

nevermind i just got it. I had to go into the edit mode and type in the program i wanted to run then hit courser down to pull up the program. then go into auto and hit cycle run.

thanks for your suggestions and advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grice Equipment View Post
    nevermind i just got it. I had to go into the edit mode and type in the program i wanted to run then hit courser down to pull up the program. then go into auto and hit cycle run.

thanks for your suggestions and advise.
    *ding*

A friend of mine has a VMC with a Heidenhain CNC. This machine is equipped with probing. Turns out you are required to have a tool in a pocket built into the side of the controls pendant in order to turn the spindle on.

The pocket is a place to park the probe and prevent accidental actuation of the spindle while the probe is still loaded in the spindle.

I just wish that had been mentioned in the manual. LOL

Dick Z
    DZASTR