586,065 active members*
4,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

You own a Trumpf L3050???

Then do you have any sort of axis problems? Ours is awful, Y-Axis gives us all kinds of headaches. What about yours?

What kind of problems? Elaborate?

scanning head loosing position on quick feed, mostly from right to left, Trumpf will come in and fix the problem, usually by replacing the ''ruler'' and recalibrating the scanning head (Lida). I am seriously thinking about buying that Heidenhain tool because our waranty is running out and Trumpf's delays to come here and fix it is like 5 days of downtime. We've had this machine for a year and a half now and downtimes accounts for 35% of total hours. We also had to replace the chiller (not Trumpf's fault I suppose...) and had many problems with the X-Axis (gantry parallelism)

Is this the new, high speed version or the older one? I operate a 6030 and have never had any problems with the axes.

Normally you would not have this problem too much on the y axis.

The encoder strips needs to be clean - use reagent alcohol to clean them with a soft lint free cloth.
    Also the encoder and the reader have to be in real accurate position.

Make sure the suction from the exhaust is strong. Hopefully you are not cutting non metallic items on this machine.

As i remember the x axis seldom give problems except it is not set up properly and the backlash is too much.

Trumpf Laser

Has anyone experienced the trumpf laser cutting a taper on O.D. of stainless parts? Was wondering if anyone has any idea why this happens. It's only on 7/16 stainless, about 5 degrees. Any input would be great....thanks.

Sounds like a beam alignment problem or focus height. Try cutting in the opposite direction.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.independentcnc.com

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

Taper on OD of Parts

Hi thanks so much for the response. The problem is intermittent, it is random throughout the 304 7/16 sheet of stainless. DO you think it still could be a beam alignment problem or focus height. The operator did change directions and we haven't seen the problem on the testing we are doing. Why would changing the direction of the material have an impact on the taper?

To be honest I have not dealt with that thick of material before. I would say it has something to do with the focus but I am just guessing. Give the guys at Trumpf a call and they should be able to answer your questions.

Keep me in mind if you need any programming help.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.independentcnc.com

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

I run a 3050 and haven't had that issue with this machine. It's almost 2 years old. I have a slightly different Y axis issue that they can't seem to figure out.

With the taper, is it in any specific direction when it does occur? For instance, only with moving in the -Y?

J