586,089 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NewlyDraw VS Moshi Draw

Looking for opinion on which is better. I have tired Moshi and it worked but I was not that impressed and it has some definite flaws. Is Newlydraw any better?

Sadly it's a bit like comparing rubbish to junk, each has their benefits and advantages over the other but both are effectively worthless.

It really depends on what you want to do with the machine? if it's any kind of serious business use then you will need to have LaserCUT (or equivalent) to be able to manage layers etc.

Moshi and Newly are fine for hobby or occasional use, past that they cause more problems than they solve.

best wishes

Dave

I was afraid of that. What I would like to do in engrave some pictures in wood or anodized metals cut out some small stuff. But the pictures I would like to look nice

If I knew how to put up pictures on this forum, I would attach some engravings that I have done on slate using Moshidraw. It does a very good job. I used Corel Draw to work the picture into a state that can be used by another program from ULS. I believe it was called 1 touch photo, or something like that. I did not purchase the program as I am on a fixed income and $250 is just not something I am able to do. But I would imagine, to get the results that I got with laser engraving, one would need to have the program. It is, after all, a program that Universal Laser Systems uses. It is a free download, give it a try.

Milt

Hi there,
    I dont know what motherboard you have if it is a " moshiboard V.XXX" then you out of luck you should upgrade to a DSP board like AW608 from lightobject , or the DF211 from thunderlaser.
    then you can go with the kind of lasercut all version even the re-branded versions.
    a picture of your machine would help to identify what you got.
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by blairgr View Post
    I was afraid of that. What I would like to do in engrave some pictures in wood or anodized metals cut out some small stuff. But the pictures I would like to look nice

Herby08, I do not now if you are responding to me or not, I have the Moshi 10105 v4.1. I can not even imagine spending $500 for the DSP and some more money for stepper drivers at this time. I obtain excellent results when engraving on slate, wood, and acrylic. The engraving is done by using a 25.4 mm focal length lens. I have not tried granite yet. I am going to figure out how to post pictures on this forum so that I can put up some examples of the results I am getting.

Milt

Hi there
    if you allready can get excellent results whats the probleme then???
    granite is a bit more out of the ordinary you must set the power very low or a high speed that you only like scratch the surface if you want good picture because of the hardness of granite if you set the power to high means a deeper engraving the granit will break out more partical and the whole picture looks fuzzy.
    all granite is different you must make some tests, the best way is to start with one setting let it run a bit then pause change the setting run again and so on allways note the settings then look at the final which setting looks best.
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by mondo50m View Post
    I now what board I have, it is the Moshi 10105 v4.1. I can not even imagine spending $500 for the DSP and some more money for a stepper drivers at this time. I obtain excellent results when engraving on slate, wood, and acrylic. I have not tried granite yet. I am going to figure out how to post pictures on this forum so that I can put up some examples of the results I am getting.

Milt