586,111 active members*
3,186 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Documentation for Yaskawa CACR-SR-10SB1AF?

Documentation for Yaskawa CACR-SR-10SB1AF?

I'm fixing this drive, somebody else already HACKED on it badly botching the repair.

The original problem was likely the output drive and one "hybrid" transistor control pack.

The owner finally decided to bring it to a repair shop with experienced techs.

I find the output drive is not only the WRONG UNDERSIZED part it is also fried. AND 3 maybe 4 of the hybrid transistor packs are fried.

That seemed to be all of the damage. But when I put it in a machine to test it I get an error code "1" as soon as I try to jog ANY axis! This drive is on the "Y" axis, but trying to jog "Z" trips E-Stop and the drive shows code 1.

Code 1 is over-current.

I have been googling like crazy, but am unable to find any documentation on this model. Yaskawa's site does not mention it at all.

Very weird.

Is this some kind of proprietary secret model or something?

Anybody recognize my symptoms or has some documentation please let me know. I'd like to see the docs posted in the manuals section so we have them "forever".
    Regards,
    Richard Cooke, Turnkey Automation Inc., www.tnky.ca

Yaskawa Servo Products

Quote Originally Posted by rcooke View Post
    I'm fixing this drive, somebody else already HACKED on it badly botching the repair.

The original problem was likely the output drive and one "hybrid" transistor control pack.

The owner finally decided to bring it to a repair shop with experienced techs.

I find the output drive is not only the WRONG UNDERSIZED part it is also fried. AND 3 maybe 4 of the hybrid transistor packs are fried.

That seemed to be all of the damage. But when I put it in a machine to test it I get an error code "1" as soon as I try to jog ANY axis! This drive is on the "Y" axis, but trying to jog "Z" trips E-Stop and the drive shows code 1.

Code 1 is over-current.

I have been googling like crazy, but am unable to find any documentation on this model. Yaskawa's site does not mention it at all.

Very weird.

Is this some kind of proprietary secret model or something?

Anybody recognize my symptoms or has some documentation please let me know. I'd like to see the docs posted in the manuals section so we have them "forever".
    Browse Servo Products Downloads By Product Line and go to this link; http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmservo.nsf/ProductLine.html!ReadForm&Start=1&Count=1000&Expan d=4

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Thanks Ironman, I have been through all of the CACR-SR drive manuals and none of them mention this _AF variant.

Which is why I was wondering if it's a special/custom/proprietary model?
    Regards,

CACR-SR-10SB1AF DOCS.

Mori Seiki used those drives for their x and y axis on their (MV Junior) mill.
    Someone with that machine will probably have the docs. that you seek.

Just to close the loop on this post:

The output drive Hybrid transistors are mounted to the metal case for heat dissipation. As I mentioned a previous attempt to fix this drive replaced one of the Hybrids with an under-sized equivalent.

Attempting to run the drive under load over-loaded the under-sized hybrid. And the resulting voltage spike from the suddenly open-circuit motor winding fried at least 2 of the other Hybrids - I replaced them all to be safe.

What I missed, and is the cause of that "over current error", was the control module for the originally fried Hybrid transistor (there is one for each hybrid) - which is a small circuit board soldered vertically into the main board was also blown. The control module was trying to command "full" current out of the Hybrid as soon as the drive was enabled. Thankfully this drive detects overloads so fast no harm was done.

Chances are the module was damaged when the original Hybrid transistor was fried, and whoever replaced it did not know to check the control module. And clearly did not test the drive before calling it "fixed" either.

After replacing that module I put the drive back in its original machine and its running happily!
    Regards,