586,070 active members*
3,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Harig 618 Slicer Auto Need advise

Hi I just purchased a used Harig 618 Slicer AutoStep. It's a NC Slicer/Surface Grinder. It has been sitting outside for a few weeks and has gotten water in a rear oil cup, and some of the frosting on the ways is starting to show some very slight surface rust. I'm planning on pulling the table to clean all the ways with some kerosene and a fine scotch pad if needed. It's a plain V-way machine. I also am thinking of pulling the spindle head to clean up the vertical ways as well. I'm also doing this to be able to clean out all the automatic way oiler fittings and ensure all the oil returns are operational.

I'm asking for advise on doing these operations and any other area's I need to look into from people that have experience with these machines. If anyone happens to have a operators manual and parts break down that I can download I would really be very appreciative.

I haven't gotten it home yet. It was so cheap that i couldn't pass it up, even if it is non operational I could scrap it and still make money. (Not that I approve of that. I saved it from the scraper.) I expect to have it in my garage tomorrow night. I don't know if anything works on it but the ways show almost no wear, the spindle spins very freely, and all the control hand wheels have almost no backlash. It also appears that the 2 servo's are ok as they have a good amount of magnetic noise when I move the control wheels. Not to sure if that came out right but that is the only way I can describe it. The table is hydraulic feed and I'm really hoping that their isn't any issues with it as I've read it can be quite expensive to repair hydraulic feeds.

So thank you for any help that you can give me.
    Jeremiah
    PM45 CNC Build in Progress

Well I got it home now. I'm getting ready to take the table and saddle off this weekend to start the clean up. I guess I'll just contact Harig for a manual. I'm pretty excited to see this thing in action.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Jeremiah
    PM45 CNC Build in Progress